ADVERTISEMENT

So, the ideas on what normal life might be like post Wuhan virus have started to flow

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
I've had my doubts for a while now, on whether we'll see some form of a abbreviated HS football season this fall or no season at all? Dollars or the lack there of would have a major negative impact on HS athletic budgets as well as the FHSAA, if football isn't allowed this fall. In my own logic, the only way I see it happening in being able to regularly test.....participants, with the application of some form of required distancing for the folks in the stands...............this morning I stumbled upon this....a little far fetched perhaps at 1st glance or is it? I just don't think we'll go back to how things were and instead should start considering now what might be our new norms, post Wuhan virus

James Bullard, CEO of the St. Louis branch of the Federal Reserve, spoke to CBS’s Margaret Brennan on “Face the Nation” over the weekend about what steps we can take to address our current economic woes. Here was Bullard’s response:

You know, I have good news for you, Margaret, because we have, there is a solution using available technology today to fix the economic part of this problem. The solution is universal testing. What you want is every single person to get tested every day. And then they would wear a badge like they would at a – after they voted or something like that to show that they’ve been tested. This would immediately sort out who’s been infected and who hasn’t been infected. That would help the health care sector. But it would also help the economy because we could interact with each other with a lot of confidence.

Go Canes Go!

The solution is universal testing. What you want is every single person to get tested every day. And then they would wear a badge like they would at a – after they voted or something like that to show that they’ve been tested. This would immediately sort out who’s been infected and who hasn’t been infected.
First, the badge - as described - might identify who had been "tested". That fact would NOT immediately sort out who is or isn't carrying the virus. Second, how would any concerned individual know the date of the badge unless he/she approached the badgeholder (i.e., got closer than 6 feet). Third, assuming the test, the badge and the findings were all legit, how would anyone know the infection status of who and how many people the badgeholder had interacted with since being declared "infection free". No badge (or any other type of certification) could possibly tell you that.

Bottom-line: If you are an intelligent human being, you'd be well-advised NOT to push all your chips into the center of the table, and put your life at risk by rubbing shoulders with people. OR YOU COULD JUST SAY F***K IT, GO TO A PACKED BAR THAT FEATURES 2 FOR 1 COVID-19 DRINKS AND CALL AN UBER WHEN THE BARTENDER CUTS YOU OFF.

Just remember to check your Uber driver's badge to make sure he/she is infection free.

First, the badge - as described - might identify who had been "tested". That fact would NOT immediately sort out who is or isn't carrying the virus. Second, how would any concerned individual know the date of the badge unless he/she approached the badgeholder (i.e., got closer than 6 feet). Third, assuming the test, the badge and the findings were all legit, how would anyone know the infection status of who and how many people the badgeholder had interacted with since being declared "infection free". No badge (or any other type of certification) could possibly tell you that.

Bottom-line: If you are an intelligent human being, you'd be well-advised NOT to push all your chips into the center of the table, and put your life at risk by rubbing shoulders with people. OR YOU COULD JUST SAY F***K IT, GO TO A PACKED BAR THAT FEATURES 2 FOR 1 COVID-19 DRINKS AND CALL AN UBER WHEN THE BARTENDER CUTS YOU OFF.

Just remember to check your Uber driver's badge to make sure he/she is infection free.

Nuet.......I'm just trying to throw idea's out there for everyone to consider and hopefully inspire conversation as well as additional ideas..........I mentioned this one as it was something I read today from this past sunday morning talking heads programming......

Go Canes Go!

who needs a "I survived Covid 19" T-Shirt $35 Postage Paid.

You'll want to remember this Pandemic Panic.

I kninda picked up that this was pretty much how you felt about it, when you discussed the local downtown bar on St Patty's day. That's okay though, there are surprisingly more than a few that feel exactly just like you.

I was going over some old Sarasota Herald Tribune stories the other day, and I came across a Top 50 players over the last 100 years. I was surprised that there were a few that weren't included........a key that let me know the person really had no idea about the history of the area, and that instead of doing some real investigative reporting was leaning on what others were telling him. What did however catch my eye was the number of Tarpons that made the list.......I mean I expected Lawless, but the others I wouldn't even thought about, if not for the article. Bottom line Charlotte HS despite no state title has a pretty impressive football history!

Go Canes Go!

Yeah, we get decade players - just don't get them all on the same team in order to have a shot in the classifications we play in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT