ADVERTISEMENT

SK: Charlotte Tarps vs Clearwater Tornadoes Round 2 matchup

peezy28

Feb 25, 2003
SK,

I am calling it now

Doug Pugh tells me people are clamoring that this could be one of the Tarps best teams ever. Well I will actually be moving on over to my high school Nemesis (I went to Dunedin, and our top rival was always Clearwater) because my former HS coach and HC of the youth league team I coached at is now the HC at Clearwater and IMO WE have the best team in our district out of (Largo, Clw, Northeast, Osceola, Dixie Hollins, and Boca Ciega).

What that means is if you guys handle business and we do we could meet up in the 2nd round (or 1st). I will very likely be coaching there in the fall too.

So if we shall meet there must be a friendly wager on the table. Will wait for that one though.

Hold on peezy. North Fort Myers might have some say in the matter. Wave agree that Charlotte looks very good but it's way too early to pick playoff games. The Waveindex.bs will give u the exzact score in August lol. WAVE OUT!

1st or 2nd round, I think those 2 are top 2 in that district.

Hey, I don't know where you guys are getting your info about Charlotte but as for the best team ever??? Having played on one; having a son on the other that made the State Semi's (The best ever in our world); and another son on the most prolific offensive Tarpon team ever, I'm a little more realistic and hoping they're as good as the 6 win team last year that lost twice to Ft Myers. If you're basing it on the spring game, South lost their coach and a lot of the talent is gone, they're a young team rebuilding. South was up at half, then a scoop and score and two quick strikes changed the game. But if we luck out and that's a big if, I'll go all the steroid shrimp you can eat against a new pressing of Steely Dan's Pretzel Logic.

Last edited:
I don't know where he's getting that from actually I was more so asking you for confirmation.

Take it from me and Wave - they'll be competitive, and like Charlotte can always do, as last year; have several good athletes scattered around, but its really tough to get all the pieces and we seldom have depth - a few years ago, we should have beat that young Armwood team by two TDs, then our last starter on the O-line got hurt the 3rd play and we had four inexperienced linemen out there playing against a Defensive front like Armwood's and two great LBs. At this stage I'm not seeing this team close to the best ever. Of course, I hope I'm wrong. Another thing, as Wavebb be alluding to; North Ft Myers Red Knights are the talent magnet Team De Jour of Lee County this year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT