ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Hagerty quarterback Anthony Benzija

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
What have you and your team been doing as of late to get ready for the fall?
“Me and my team have been getting ready for fall ball by going to summer workouts every day and taking the WRs out and throw[ing] with them 2x a week.”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?
“Something I feel I improved the most is reading the field. 7v7 helped me out a lot with that, and also I [am] more smooth with my throwing motion in the fall [when] I tensed up.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I feel like this will be the best Hagerty team ever and I want to make a playoff run this year.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“The toughest team on our schedule will be Spruce Creek. They got some big boys up front with some big time offers so that game will be fun.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“N/A.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“The sport I want to play in college will be football.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I currently have 4 offers: Stetson, Columbia, Warner University and St Thomas University. I’ve been talking to other schools like Princeton and Bucknell.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I’m not sure who is recruiting me the hardest as of right now.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Yes I’ve made a couple of college trips this summer I went up to camps in Georgia, then I went up to the northeast and went to Wagner, Bucknell, and Columbia camp and camps at Richmond, Delaware, and Princeton.”

What camps did you attend this summer? How did the camps go overall?
“I went to Mercer Mega camp, Kennesaw State mega camp, Shorter University, Wagner, Bucknell, and Columbia. I say they have been going very well and got lots of great coaching and feedback. I’ll stay in touch with those schools.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was Villanova, both of my parents went there and I love watching them in the March Madness tournament.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News