ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Christopher Columbus quarterback Alberto Mendoza

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“We're focused on winning a 4M Florida state title. We're into the State Semis after winning last Friday, so we're excited. I'm really pumped that I have the opportunity to compete for states.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“I've definitely had some great games, and some games I could've played better. I'm at a stage now where I'm not really content unless we're really mistake free. So, there is something to learn after every game, even the victories.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“We're 11-1 now, with our only loss to #3 MaxPreps Miami Central by one score. I'd like to have a play or two back from that game, though. It was great to come back from a 35-7 deficit, but we came up short at the end of the 4th. I hope we see them again next year.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“The team definitely has been getting better as the season has gone on. We trust each other...sometimes the offense needs to step up, and sometimes the D needs a big stop. We're definitely a true team, with both sides of the ball and special teams knowing they can contribute. I like that we trust our coaches and each other to play tough and never give up.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“We probably need to start a bit quicker in the first half against tough opponents. Sometimes our offense takes some time to get going. We just need to focus on executing the game plan, and making the adjustments that our coaches make during the game. If we keep trusting each other and believing in our team, we'll be ok.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes. I'm looking to continue playing football at the next level.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Duke, Cal, FIU, FAU, Temple, and Ohio have all been reaching out.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“N/A.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I made an unofficial visit to Duke this past weekend for their game vs Wake Forest. I've also been to FAU and FIU.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“N/A.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I grew up a Miami and LSU fan. Many of my family, including my mother, graduated from Univ of Miami. My grandfather and his brothers are graduates of LSU.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News