ADVERTISEMENT

Ore-Gone again

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Please with that PAC 12 Nonsense; every freaking year USC, Oregon, UCLA are over ranked and have already taken the swan swong before the first freakin' cold front.

Yeah! That was the best news I got all day.

And they thought a win over a Big 10 team was worth something. I hope they drop so far in the ranking, they will never get in the playoffs.

ACC's only contender is doing the tomahawk chop as the other's keep notch'n losses. The SEC will beat each other up and will knock a lot of each other out of the race to the top.

A 2-loss SEC team is still better than most teams in any other conference!

If memory serves me correct, USC usually dismantles SEC schools when they play. Especially when both are ranked. I may be wrong.

Since Carroll left USC would be lucky to beat UF. Does that mean they're average, probably.

Originally posted by Chief Nostradamus:
ACC's only contender is doing the tomahawk chop as the other's keep notch'n losses. The SEC will beat each other up and will knock a lot of each other out of the race to the top.
Hopefully Winston can behave himself the rest of the year, everyone had a good look at the Noles when he isn't playing.

Can their next QB take them all the way to the promise land next season?

Originally posted by Flammy22:
If memory serves me correct, USC usually dismantles SEC schools when they play. Especially when both are ranked. I may be wrong.
Shhhhh you talking about a 3-2 USC Team, with that tremndous D that gave up 3 TD passes in the last four minutes yesterday.

Not realevant in this conversation. Then again maybe it is, with UCLA dropping like clockwork; that no defense game that had 100 points scored, it's official; the PAC-12 proves they don't deserve those lofty rankings.

It's not really the PAC-12's fault, we all know its because the TV marketing folks have to bait people to get them to watch.

I just saw that another ACC team is doing well. Georgia Tech is 5-0. Their only threat on the schedule is the last game against Georgia.

How many SEC teams will be in the playoffs. Should we start a contest? Pick the final four now and see how good your guesses are by Christmas.

I'm in.

Arizona State - one loss
FSU - one loss
Auburn - one loss
Mississippi State - #1 undefeated

Many things can change in the off season and who knows what the next recruiting class will bring to Tallahassee. Currently I don't see a replacement on the roster for Winston.

For the Play-off:

FSU
Miss. State
Mich. State
Az State

I'm going with:

FSU
Miss St
Ole Miss
Notre Dame

If they can't find a Big 10 school worthy, I'm sure they'll vote in Notre Dame. Should another school get the nod? Most probably but you can't that "old school" mentality!

If Auburn plays like they did last game, Miss St will get destroyed! I think that is going to happen. I also think FSU will beat ND bad enough to knock them completely out of the picture.

FSU
Auburn
Michigan State
Arizona

Georgia may take Auburn's spot.

Notre Dame or Michigan State. Is there any difference?

The selection committee will be compelled to find a northern team and one of them will get in by default.

One day the experts say Auburn has weaknesses. The next day they say Auburn can't be beat. Someone on ESPN even raised the question today if the loser of the SEC Championship would make the final four. I don't see it happening unless everyone lets Georgia roll over them.

It's only a guess and may the best prognosticator win!

Originally posted by BStreak:

If Auburn plays like they did last game, Miss St will get destroyed!...
Don't bet on Auburn doing that. MSU is a sight better than LSU as a team and their QB is the best in the SEC at this point.
If Prescott had Auburn's big receivers, the Dogs would be hanging Fitty on errybody dey suit up wit. If Marshall can get his accuracy down, Auburn would be doing that. They 'bout are now.

Whoever wins this one goes to Atlanta. Mark it down.

Gus Malzahn is changing the game.

PAC-12 arriving at a lot of 2-loss teams early:

Five weeks ago, the Big Ten took shots from every angle when it was left without a team in the AP poll's Top 10. Now, it's the Pac-12's turn to stand up and be counted out.
Teams from the left coast are perilously close to being left out of the College Football Playoff unless there's a major shift that's hard, if not impossible, to foresee.
This season was supposed to see both Oregon and UCLA contend for the national championship. Instead, when those teams meet on Saturday, one will leave the Rose Bowl with a second defeat and face near-certain elimination from the playoff picture, even though Halloween is still three weeks away.

Source B/R Report

Well, I sure hope so, they did it pretty quick with Johnny football. It's the NCAA not wanting no free agents out there getting their tatste off their fame while the NCAA owns them. NCAA Football players should get together as a group and sue the NCAA and member schools to at least use some of the profits off jerseys and other sales for a medical fund for future health problems related to college football. Almost every single college football player I know, has major lingering issues.

Got to keep this rolling. There were more upsets this week but my four are still in the running.

FSU
Miss St
Ole Miss
Notre Dame

You do realize that Ole Miss and Miss. State play each other at the end of the year? You do realize that FSU and Notre Dame play each other next week? Their is 0 chance these 4 get in just based on that alone. Here is how it is going to break down....

FSU - ACC Champ
Alabama - SEC Champ
Michigan State - Big 10 champ
Oregon - Pac 12 Champ

Yeah, I'm not a Notre Dame fan, but know their history with rankings and TV markets - 1 loss, they stand as good a chance as any, wait to see the politics and choices this year in this playoff format.

You think 25% of the Comittee will agree with me?

Pat Haden TV Commentator for Notre Dame football.

Condoleezza Rice: Notre Dame Alum

Tyrone Willingham: Former Notre Dame HC.

There won't be a champ from four different conferences in the playoff. They can't justify it. Has the PAC-12 played anyone impressive? What about the Big 10?

The only changes I suspect could happen is Baylor could make the final four and FSU could drop out if they lose Winston because of disciplinary action. It's still fun to speculate.

Had to bump this for you choctaw fan : ). MMy prediction was slightly off with Michigan State. But 4 champs got in as I predicted....that is all...

I'm sure as awesome as FSU blew up Georgia Tech's Option they will be fine against Mariota and the Duck Q Zone Option jk. FSU better score 50.

Mariota? The Heisman finalist two years running that choked on Arizona - at home in October - when he was supposed to roll them by three TDs? TCU and Baylor are both more deserving - Oregon wouldn't be there if TV viewership wasn't a factor.

I got one of four right. Who knew Alabama would take control of the SEC West.

Originally posted by Silver King :
Yeah the SEC canibilizes itself, but there are some up and comers to fill in.
That myth has been proven false in a very big way today.

Yeah, off year for the SEC after playing for the title the eight previous years. Let's see how Oregon and the PAC 12 holds on to the title game if they win it all this year.

Nothing will change my mind that a 2-time Heisman candidate shouldn't lose a home game to a team he's supposed to beat by three TDs.

Enjoy the Title game, sorry your first team of choice isn't playing for it.

I assume the original post was just a troll post. Nonethless, not surprising to see the Pac-12 still be given no respect. If they beat FSU 59-20, the narrative is that FSU stunk rather than Oregon is pretty damn good. LMAO

Are you kidding? ESPN bows down to the PAC-12. Did you listen to Herbstreit during the FSU-Oregon game. According to him, FSU shouldn't even be there.

Oregon better win the championship after all the hype about them. Plus, if OSU wins with a third string quarterback, they will give Urban Meyer sainthood. I think OSU will struggle with that "hurry up" offense just like every other team has.

I was NOT a believer in Oregon... I am now... They embarrassed FSU... Oregon is legit...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT