ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee vs Lakeland Kathleen - Cancelled

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Was odd officials from Kathleen waited until Friday morning to inform officials at Manatee they wouldn't be able to play the game that evening, but as Bruce Hornsby and the Range titled in perhaps their biggest hit "That's just the way it is".

Last edited:
Really, I hope I don't hear at noon FSU cancelled at Miami. +2 for accompanying musical choice. Mark Canon was at our game last night

Wife could tell I was disappointed about the game, and tried to get me to go to the Tarpons game last night. I guess I should have taken her up on it, since she was indicating a willingness to go too! I haven't heard anything about Mark Cannon, since Peezy mentioned him in a email........but that was months ago.

I would think the college folks wouldn't cancel at this point, since there's a lot more investment in time and resources to pull a college game off than what you'd see in a HS game. I've been surprised somewhat with Miami....(granted they're only 2 games into the season), not so sure FSU however is going to be able much better than what they were last season.

Gators debut at noon today, against Kiffin's Ole Miss team in Oxford!

The Tarpons schedule only gets tougher - you should try to make the game in Ft Myers, if you've never been to The Sam, its a great place to watch a game. And these are two programs that have earned mutual respect since starting in 1926.

We're negotiating with the Don of Lee County to try an organize an old fashion FLVA get together at his spot before the game. The last one we held in PG, the wiatresses are still talking about Wavebb tossing around tips like Rodney Dangerfield in Caddy Shack.

When I finally met Wavebb, it was for a Manatee versus Ft Myers playoff game in Fort Myers. I drove down from GA for that one, that was when Wavebb tried to get me to walking through the Ft Myers locker room after the game....(Manatee had won the game and I was decked out in my Manatee Jacket), for what he deemed was a short cut to our cars.

Caddyshack is one of my all time favorite movies!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT