ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee 32 Venice 27 FINAL

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Very satisfying win for the Canes, in what I believe was a pretty exciting game from start to finish! Game balls for the Hurricanes would have to be for Irone Jackson, Jayden Corbett, and Tyreak Allen who went up high with just a little over a minute left in the game to make a game ending INT. I don't know if Tyeak plays B-Ball or not, but I've seen him on a number of occasions this season display some incredible elevation from his DB position. I want to say this too about Tyreak, he likes to dish out some major hits.......but I've also seen him on the receiving end of some major league hits and he always just bounces up like "No Big Deal" I have to believe he's as tuff as they come!

About the game......not sure who calls the offensive plays for Venice, but I want to say the play calling for Venice is what cost them the game. Also Venice punted one time the entire game, every other time Venice went for it instead of punting. Venice was probably successful a little better than 50% of the time, so whether it was smart or dumb on Peacock's part to play the game that way is up for debate? I found the way Peacock coached the game...... left me feeling a mix of what a arrogant a-hole he is, to he apparently had little to no respect for the Manatee DB's ability to cover the Venice WR's long

The offensive coaches for Manatee, continually put the Manatee offense in bad positions with the confusion they created with either the mass player substitutions and/or with getting the play to the Manatee QB. Coaches also did a terrible job with making adjustments to what the Venice defense was doing against Manatee the 2nd half.

I thought the last Venice TD, the WR was out of the endzone but my angle wasn't the best to be definitive on that. Last year when Manatee beat Venice during the regular season, I thought the 6 minute storm that was blowing straight into the faces of the Venice Offense was the difference on the game, because Manatee was able to quickly capitalize on the mistakes Venice made during the storm. This year I felt Manatee held its own against Venice the entire game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wavebb
Big win.....I knew coming into the game that Manatee wanted to pound the football and keep Venice’s offense off the field.. Jones was the big work horse all night 36 carries for 136 yards. I agree with the mass confusion the offense shows at times! We have to clean that up. We also get very conservative at times. When we did throw the ball Jayce did a great job making some big plays with his arm. WR Corbett is a big time talent. You get the ball anywhere close to him he will make the catch!
No doubt this was Manatee’s best performance this year. This is a good football team with lot’s of talent. It will be interesting going forward. I think we get to round three and host STA. Their beatable this year! On to Southeast next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT