ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee 24 Southeast 25 FINAL

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Lots of negative comments I can make, but the bottom line is Southeast came out playing like this game meant something to them and Manatee.......................well it played like a very poorly coached team, who's coaches had not a clue in as far as adapting to what Southeast was bringing

Manatee had starters missing, but it was a complete cluster the entire night regardless. The final straw that broke the camels back was with Manatee at the 2 yard line late in the 4th QT, the center snap gets rolled back to the QB...(which Southeast recovered and basically settled the game right there). The OC kept calling running plays with the OG's and OT's pulling, and Southeast bringing eight the entire night. You cant call running plays like that with the defense bringing that kind of pressure. They take to long to develop with the guy your handed it off too being a big lumbering type back. I could on and on about the offensive concepts Manatee uses, as well as how the OC utilizes its offensive talent. The WR route running and design last year and this year, is the poorest I've seen at Manatee in a long long time. Cant tell you how many times on pass plays you have 2-3 WR's in the same area.......it comes down to some very poor coaching, and that's a shame because Manatee this year and last year had some serious talent!

One a positive note Irone Jackson had a pic six last night, and it was truly a top 10 play with what Irone did to find a way to maneuver through traffic to finally get to the end zone! It may be one of those plays you had there to appreciate, but if they put it up on hudl I'll link it here so everyone can see it.

Irone Jackson INT at the 2:10 of this video, scroll down to find the Manatee vs Southeast highlights
https://www.hudl.com/profile/9693336/Irone-Jackson

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT