ADVERTISEMENT

Laz index

tampa1

Oct 11, 2007
will he be doing this again
what is his website and e-mail?

Try this http://www.lazindex.com/fhsaa.php. We had a storm last night and I can't get a lot of sites to work.
Yes, I'm doing my site again this year. I recently moved to Volusia County and fell quite a bit behind but I loaded the "opening" college football and Florida High school numbers for 2016. With the help of my son (in Knoxville) I will try to have the site updated to include the state of Tennessee where we've been quite accurate over the past couple of years.

Lazl, so now you're slumming. Welcome to the arm pit of Central Florida. Jobs aplenty at $8.00 an hour, part time, no benefits. Get you a couple ...

Lazl, so now you're slumming. Welcome to the arm pit of Central Florida. Jobs aplenty at $8.00 an hour, part time, no benefits. Get you a couple ...
Dan,
Actually where I am is a step up from where I was. Living on the 5th green of a nice country club. But being a member is costly. So I'll take $1 an hour for doing this site. It's a dollar more an hour than I'm making now.

Laz - there's a new program in Pensacola: Lighthouse Private Christian Academy - here's their current schedule: http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/0...y-stingrays-pensacola-2016-football-schedule/
Laz - there's a new program in Pensacola: Lighthouse Private Christian Academy - here's their current schedule: http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/0...y-stingrays-pensacola-2016-football-schedule/
Xcat1969,
I'll get them in there. Thanks.

Lazl,
You have ODA listed as 2A this year but they dropped out and joined Ind. league SSAC. Just an FYI.

Can someone explain how Apopka is ahead of Booker T?

And how the hell is Cocoa ahead of STA?

And AHP behind Dillard and Charlotte?

That's the problem with computers. No damn common sense at all. Anyone who watches football would know these 3 things I mentioned are complete bullshit!

Reactions: Sammy yo Mammy
Holy shit!

Wire grass Ranch, St Cloud and Bloomingdale ahead of Venice and Plant

No offense Laz, but whatever formula you are using is completely and utterly zebra shit!!!

Nolebull,

The early season ratings usually have some "weirdness " without much baseline data would be my guess.

It'll work itself out after a couple of more weeks. Laz usually gets it pretty close. These are kids, you never know when somebody will have girl troubles and doesn't play well.

Reactions: Silver King
Peezy is right on the money. The computer is retrodictive. In the past, I factored in a fixed ranking early in the season that kept the system from over adjusting early in the season. The fixed ranking was then removed after week 4. But everyone bitched early on because Team A beat Team B yet Team B was still ranked ahead of Team A. This year I took the fixed ranking out of the equation right from the start. So that's why Nolebull is asking WTF? Either way, let the kids play it out. The system will adjust. In the meantime, I would be asking this: How in the world is West Gadsden not ranked in the 1A AP poll? Did I get a wrong score somewhere?

Reactions: peezy28
How in the world is West Gadsden not ranked in the 1A AP poll? Did I get a wrong score somewhere?
As almost every regular reader know, Nu'Trelle believe so strongly in the importance of polls that he devote almost every waking hour to them. Just yesterday, Nu'Trelle spent 32 hours workin on his ranking system an came up with the same question as LAZL --- "Where the hell is West Gadsden???"

Not knowing what else to do he contacked Wavebb, publisher of the WAVE INDEX. Wave e-mailed back this morning an advised, "West Gadsden is up in the Panhandle. Don't look for Trump to make a campaign stop."

Reactions: Uma_Dog
Yeah LAZL, I deal with Baseline data and Estimates at completion on a daily basis so I know how it goes and not to trust early period results.

My field of work includes a lot of terminology that's not common to the normal folk.

Reactions: LAZL
F-35 program office

I used to work for Lockheed Martin GTL (STS MS2 whatever they are calling it these days) and our biggest program at that facility in Orlando was the F-35's. I worked in a different division though.

It's called LM MST this week

LOL when I started it was STS and changed 3 times by the time I left 4.5 years later.

I worked on a program now that is joint with IS&GS who was just sold to Leidos so now its a completely different company.

Laz, thanks for what you do, this poll is pretty good at the important part of the year. And I guess all these Einsteins haven;t noticed what the best polls money can develop like in the NCAA were way off early. BUt I'll bet come week 10 or so they'll have it close.

Everybody's a critic and that's what polls do, they create dialog. Professor Neut will probably exlain that those teams that have long mastered it, are gonna be really pissed off they aren't at the top at the beginning of the year, because it might have an effect on their Free Agency draw.

Laz, you do a great and we appreciate all the work it takes to produce these ratings.

Reactions: LAZL
Web link to the LAZ Index plz. I need another poll fix.

Never mind, I'll find it my own self if I get desperate enough. I usually don't get the shakes until the 5th or 6th game of the year... and then it is straight up main lining to the polls. It's a dang miracle I've survived this long without the polls.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ohhhh, were 2-0, where are more polls... I've got to find one where my team is ranked in the top 25... Why the hell is that team over my team, they lost a game... why in the hell is a team that is 0-1 ranked over my team? WTF is wrong with you dumbass pollsters. GD man, my team hasn't lost to anyone yet, were 2-0 and you have a team that is 0-1 ranked over my team... WTF man... WTF!!!

I've got to get outta here... I'VE GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE!!! IS ANYONE LISTENING? OMFG!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above is a classic case of polls addiction... we can help you at HSFPAA. (high school football poll addicts anonymous) Please get help today.

Some advice to a concerned parent. Send your child to a school that is about better academics, give your child a real chance to succeed in life, give him a better education.

Here is the only poll that should really matter.

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/florida

PS, thanks again LAZ for putting my team above STA. I'll pay you tomorrow night when I see you.

Can someone explain how Apopka is ahead of Booker T?
And how the hell is Cocoa ahead of STA?
And AHP behind Dillard and Charlotte?
That's the problem with computers. No damn common sense at all. Anyone who watches football would know these 3 things I mentioned are complete bullshit!

Nolebull asked for someone to explain. SK will take a crack for his buddy LAZ now that a few games have been played and the old computer is warmed up.

Apopka (3-0) was ranked ahead of Booker T (2-1) who beat STA week 1, then BTW lost to Jackson (pretty impressive win for the ground breaking female coach's resume). Apopka has outscored their three opponents 175-7 (SK sees this as a somewhat reasonable rank at the time, particularly seeing those 175 POINTS).

Coco (2-1) whose fans say they get no respect was ranked ahead of STA (2-1) week 1. Coco won their first game, STA however did not. ( In hindsight, SK marvels at the LAZ because it now seems like a reasonable rank for the first week)

AHP (3-0) maybe nolebulls strongest case if not for the fact that their two out- of-state opponents (How does our Jersey friend whose been curiously absent, list it? OOS) are a combined 0-6. Now Mr computer frowns on that at tad. They did have a quality win against NW. Dillard is 2-1 against teams that are a combined 4-2, and Charlotte is 2-0 scoring 105 points against teams with a combined 4-2 record. (Again this rankis not necessarily lacking totally in common sense or being complete bullshit, SK sees it as reasonable or at worst, a push because Dillard has a loss).

So as Neutral used to comment about all the great indexs, like the AP, NCAA, the Wavebs Index, etc., don't loose too much sleep over it, but don't discount that strength of schedule stuff that goes on in the computer's noggin, totally, either. Because on any given day the computer can be right.

Last edited:
I'm just honored to be sharing a message board with rocket scientists.

I read a book once.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT