ADVERTISEMENT

Hillsborough running back Duran Bell is having an explosive senior season

He's a good player and it's been a pleasure working with him and coaching for the Terriers this season. The Bulls are getting another speedy athlete and playmaker for that explosive offense.

Reactions: Dave Lackford
Is he better than the Jesuit RB? I hear that kid is pretty good too.

I don't like to do comparisons like that, and obviously my opinion would be very biased as I coach at Hillsborough. However, Duran Bell has elite caliber speed. 2nd in the state in the 400M last year as a Junior. Jesuit also has a deeper and more talented offensive line. That is not to detract from MD, as he is a very fine RB.

Reactions: 181pl
What makes MD a special back, at least at the HS level, is his ability to see the field and no where he is on the field. He is very good athletically and with his vision and football sense, he is pretty unstoppable for most of Jesuit's opponents. He doesn't have "elite" speed or size but he is a great HS football player. Not saying that will pan out at the next level where everyone is bigger, faster, stronger, smarter, etc., but it works great for him at the HS level.

I mean that as no slight to Bell but Davis is a special high school RB.

I don't like to do comparisons like that, and obviously my opinion would be very biased as I coach at Hillsborough. However, Duran Bell has elite caliber speed. 2nd in the state in the 400M last year as a Junior. Jesuit also has a deeper and more talented offensive line. That is not to detract from MD, as he is a very fine RB.

Tell Ken Mont that I said what's up

Duran had 8 carries this past Friday vs Brandon HS and scored 3 TD's all in the 1st half. He didn't play in the 2nd half as it was a running clock the entire 2nd half. Big test this week vs Armwood.

Will do, MikeSinger

Reactions: MikeSinger
Going to be a great game against Armwood this weekend. Teams look about evenly matched.

Don't want to offend anyone but I don't think this is an evenly matched contest... I am rooting for Hillsborough to knock off Armwood but yeah its hard to compete with a team that gets like 8 D1 prospects transfer in every off season.

Yep, we'll be lucky just to keep it respectable. Heck, it's on the schedule though, so we're gonna go ahead and give it a shot anyway.

Yep, we'll be lucky just to keep it respectable. Heck, it's on the schedule though, so we're gonna go ahead and give it a shot anyway.

No don't give it a shot just take an extra bye week and take the team to the movies or something... :D

No don't give it a shot just take an extra bye week and take the team to the movies or something... :D

That only works once a season and we used that chip for Plant. We were scared to play them so I prayed and God granted my request and sent all that bad weather to spare us. ;)

Reactions: peezy28
Well let the plant folks on FB and BCP tell you that is EXACTLY what happened... But unless we get like a "Storm of 1921" at this point y'all gotta strap up LLMAO...

Ay one thing about HHS they aint never been scared to compete with anyone..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT