ADVERTISEMENT

Fla Varsity High School Football Talk

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football and sports now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Olympia wide receiver Xavier Tucker
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“Good.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“Yes, I am pleased but I think it could be better.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“I feel like we are playing well but we could also do better.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“I think we could improve scoring on the goal line.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“The key to our team being successful going forward is clicking more on the offensive side of the ball to put more points on the board to win games.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Hudson quarterback Riley Blevens
“I feel like the football season has been going good so far, [we] still have a couple games left.”

“I feel like this season I have played pretty good but never satisfied. always can improve on my performance.”

“Our team has played well but nowhere [close] to our potential. I think we are going to shock a lot of people.”

“I feel like our team can improve on our attitude, when we get mad we get out of the game.”

“[The] key to our team going forward is to follow the game plan. If we stick to our game plan I think we will play great.”

Q&A with Durant quarterback Michael Ryan
“We’ve had a great season so far. Like most teams, we’re battling some injuries in some key positions but that hasn’t affected us too much. Other players have stepped up and filled the gaps where needed and we’re finding ways to keep winning.”

“Yes, I worked really hard in the off season to be ready to take varsity this year and it payed off. The coaches believed in me and I give them and the team everything I’ve got every week.”

“The team has played amazing! Every week we keep getting better and better. Everyone on the field understands their role and gets the job done. These guys have become family to me and I can’t imagine being anywhere else.”

“These guys play with a lot of heart and play like their lives depend on it. I can’t say there’s one thing that would make us better but each of us has to identify what our own weaknesses are individually and work hard to overcome that. If we each do that and then come together as a team, we will be unstoppable.”

“Practice like you play and it will show in the game. That’s what we do as a team. If we’re down, we just keep fighting and never quit until it’s over. If we keep doing that, we will continue to be successful through the season.”

Q&A with Tampa Catholic quarterback Trey Hedden
“This season has been great. We faced adversity early in the season, but we battled and grew as a team. I believe we have a great opportunity this year towards the end of the season and the playoffs.”

“I am grateful for my play so far this season. My play is a reflection of all of my teammates, especially my offensive line and wide receivers.”

“The team has gotten better and better each week. We started with a couple bumps in the road, but I feel good about how we have played as an entire unit.”

“We need to continue to improve running the ball, and we need to play better on special teams.”

“Not having mental mistakes will take us very far, and I need to continue taking care of the football and limiting turnovers.”

Q&A with Ridge Community quarterback John Kostuch
“We have had a lot of success this year and we are building off of each other to create a productive culture within our team.”

“I think that the coaches have gotten me prepared and I have learned a lot the season. I am happy with how I have played but I can always play better.”

“We have played great but a team can always get better and we are continuing to do so. This year we got a new coaching staff that is installing a new culture of winning that requires time.”

“Everyone needs to learn to be more accountable and we will continue to push through games all the way to the end.”

“I feel everyone needs to keep perfecting their craft and bring it all together on Friday.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News