ADVERTISEMENT

Fla Varsity High School Football Talk

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football and sports now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Lake Minneola quarterback Quinn Niemann
What did you do with off-season workouts?
“[I did] tons of conditioning and getting lots of time in the weight room. After that I [worked] on the field, throwing with my receivers and running backs. Working on my footwork [was] a daily focus for me, so that come game time it is something I do not have to think about.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“I’ve improved every aspect of my game, but mostly trusting my instincts and not being complacent with my footwork are where I feel I have improved the most.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“We will for sure make a big run this year, turning many heads and making a big name for ourselves in the process.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Mainland and Wekiva for sure are going to be tough games, but we are not going to take anyone for granted. I just get so excited thinking about it because they are so good and I always want to play against the best competition.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I am new to this District this year, so naming players that I think will be tough to play against is something I cannot give you. I do know that Lake Minneola has a bunch of talented players that other teams will have to worry about.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Palmer Trinity quarterback Aden Davenport
What have you and your team been doing as of late to get ready for the fall?
“We have been in the weight room every day getting better and improving our technique on the field.”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?
“I feel I have improved most on getting my release quicker over this off season.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I feel we have the potential to have less than two losses this year.”

“I think our toughest opponent will be Coral Shores.”

“The toughest person we will play this season is probably Malachi Keels.”

Q&A with Orlando Christian offensive lineman Joel Amezquita
“Me and my team prepared for fall by getting into the weight room and still getting that work in even [when] on vacation.”

“I feel like I’ve improved my pass protection by getting a lot of one-on-one in camps.”

“I feel my team will do great by working together and having trust in each other.”

“I’m not really sure.”

“I’m not sure.”

Q&A with Bishop Kenny quarterback James Resar
“We [had] daily lifting and workouts. We [also did] some 7 on 7 games and tournaments.”

“I’ve gotten healthy and as a result I’m faster and stronger than last year. Last season I broke my fibula in the second week which really slowed me down and then I also had a lingering back strain. I’m 100% now.”

“I think we’ll be much better this year than last. We broke through and won some games last year and now we’re ready to take the next step. We don’t take anything for granted though.”

“Our entire schedule is stacked so I can’t really say, but Bolles and UC historically are really really good.”

“It’s hard to pick one player who is the best because there are so many, but Desirrio Riles at UC is incredible.”

Q&A with Southwest Florida Christian quarterback Eli Moore
What did you and your team do as of late to get ready for the fall?
“We [worked] out all summer and [did] a lot of 7v7 against very good talent and teams.”

“I have improved my ability to read coverages, especially post snap. Also fitting the ball in tighter windows.”

“I think we are set to have a big year. Lots of guys with a lot of experience.”

“ECS is always a huge rivalry game and now that it is a district game it will have even more meaning.”

“Probably Leroy Roker at Canterbury. We’ve seen him a few times this summer and he’s a great all- around player.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News