ADVERTISEMENT

Fla Varsity High School Football Talk

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football and sports now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Ridge Community quarterback Henry Tolliver

What have you and your team been doing as of late to get ready for the fall?

“Coach White has been focusing a lot on us being able to deal with the adversity against our opponents mentally and physically.”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?

“The mental side of football. Especially on reading the defense.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?

“I’m excited. I feel like we’re going to have a great season.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?

“Lake Wales.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?

“Jeremiah Anglin from Lake Wales.”

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Wakulla quarterback Haden Klees

“[This summer] we work[ed] out Monday through Thursday from 9 to 11:30. We spent an hour and 15 minutes in the weight room and an hour and 15 minutes outside conditioning. We threw 7 on 7 at least twice a week in the afternoons. We also had several of us skill guys working with a speed coach every week.”

“I feel I’ve improved the most on my arm strength and speed.”

“We will have several new starters on both sides of the ball so our goal is to get better each week in order to make our normal run in the playoffs.”

“Suwannee and Taylor County are our district games. They are must-win games for us.”

“We play several, not just one. There’s Trevarius Jones from Chiles, Makari Vickers and Amari Borden from Munroe. Mosley’s Randy Pittman. Jordan Pride from Blountstown. Rickards has Keyon Brown. Cameron Upshaw from Taylor County and Camden Frier from Suwannee.”

Q&A with Deltona quarterback Chandler Mitzo

What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?

“I have been doing a lot of weightlifting and conditioning using my track at school.”

What do you feel you have improved on most this off-season?

“I feel like I have improved most on my speed, pocket presence, and being able to escape the pocket. Last year I would always doubt my speed and second guess but now I am confident with my abilities and able to extend the play.”

“I think this will be the best season ever our school has [had]. Also, I think we will be able to make a serious playoff run.”

“Mainland.”

“James Randle Mainland High School.”

Q&A with Hagerty quarterback Anthony Benzija

“Me and my team have been getting ready for fall ball by going to summer workouts every day and taking the WRs out and throw[ing] with them 2x a week.”

“Something I feel I improved the most is reading the field. 7v7 helped me out a lot with that, and also I [am] more smooth with my throwing motion in the fall [when] I tensed up.”

“I feel like this will be the best Hagerty team ever and I want to make a playoff run this year.”

“The toughest team on our schedule will be Spruce Creek. They got some big boys up front with some big time offers so that game will be fun.”

“N/A.”

Q&A with Ida Baker defensive end Layton Breckenridge

“Our team [hit] the weight room and [did] daily conditioning this summer. I personally have been working with my trainer on additional conditioning, agility training and position drills a couple times a week and on occasion, the O-Line and D-Line will join so we can work on one-on-ones.”

“Strength and speed. I have been concentrating on my upper & lower body strength and have made considerable gains since last year. I have also been working on my ball “get off” which has helped me greatly improve my 40 time.”

“We lost a lot of great players to graduation; those are some big shoes to fill. I look forward to helping lead this team to a winning record and a spot in the play-offs.”

“Every team we will face this season presents its own challenges, but I am really looking forward to facing Lehigh on September 30th. With the new District alignment, this will be an important District game. Lehigh is well coached, has one of the top running backs in the country and made it to the playoffs last year, it will be a great game. “

“Richard Young, I don’t know if I would consider him the toughest player, but I look forward to introducing myself to him early and often in that game.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News