Seminole County - Aug 31th

Suwanee County - Aug 24th

Franklin County - Aug 24th

Baker County - Aug 24th

Gadsden County - Sept 1st

Jackson County - Aug 24th

Jefferson County - Aug 24th

Last edited:
Lee County has decided to play a county only schedule, there has also been rumblings from the Miami area, that they that area as a whole may withdraw from the FHSAA state series this year, creating a situation where state titles claimed this year would have to be identified with asterisk at least this year........... particularly without representation in the playoffs from teams in this area of the state that dominated the state last year in football! Will be interesting in the next few days to see what counties commit to the Aug 24th start date and which counties choose not to?

Good question, and the answer probably will have to answered separately by each county? I know when I talked last to the Manatee AD 4-6 weeks back, she indicated at that point all options were still being considered by the county...... (Which included no fans in the stands and charging for games to be streamed online as an example of things that are being considered). Information on the virus continues to evolve, since I last spoke to the Manatee AD. My primary concern when I spoke to her, was finding new ways to generate revenue for the Manatee HS sports program on the whole. As the typical revenue sources (local businesses in the community), would in all likely hood be negatively impacted by the virus to say nothing about the possibility of not being able to have fans in the stands and how it would subsequently negatively impact revenue generated from home games.

Back in the spring Venice HS boosters had a online streaming fund raising drive having some its more famous sports alumni on during the online drive, question and answers with coach Peacock etc......, and Manatee boosters while not doing anything as elaborate as what the Venice boosters put on, did do a online fund raising drive as well.

I haven't heard back from the Manatee AD, she did promise once the dust began to settle with this situation, to reach out to me. But I see revenue being the next big obstacle to be dealt with for most schools sports programs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT