ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to the Charlotte Tarpons Weightlifting team!

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Yesterday, the Charlotte Weightlifting won its 2nd consecutive 2A team weightlifting title for traditional lifts. Included were 3 Charlotte lifters that won their respective weight class. Momma of one of the lifters crossed my path with tears of joy in her eyes, and gave me the news as her son won in the 150 weight class! Her son’s story is particularly inspiring, as he has over came unpresidented damage to one of his legs as a freshman playing football. I believe he may still play football, I am not however certain of that. Mom said she would send me video of his lifts, if I get them I will post here!

Manatee while not claiming any titles team or individual sent 3 young men to state for 3A, 2 of which placed 7th and the other 9th. All were under-classmen. they also sent 12 to the regional meet. I mention this only because last year only 1 went to state from Manatee and only 2 to regions last yea, a big improvement this year over last year.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Tarpons! My youngest stepgranddaughter, Kiera Vasquez, is on the team but not sure she is serious about it. Her focus is on volleyball and cheerleading. My oldest step granddaughter, Kayla Vasquez, was on the team and made it to states last year.

God help me! I have turned into a Tarpon fan!

I knew me being on here and taking over preaching the Tarpon gospel after Tarpon Chuck departed with the OG Slaps would bring some folks around.

The three of us "Tarpon Fans" need to meet at Beef's and pre-game next season. You know what they say,
"Don't you wish, you could be a fish!"

Let’s do it! I’m all in. We’ve talked about it before so let’s make it happen this time. Don’t tell Wavebb about this. Just kidding, Most people know he is one of my best friends. I have 3 Fort Myers Green Wave shirts in my closet.

One time I was wearing a Green Wave shirt when I was in Punta Gorda visiting my son’s house. I asked my daughter in law if it was okay to enter their house with it on. She said “Well, you know this is a Charlotte Tarpon house but we will let it slide this time”. Message received lol.

Yeah, we love the Green Wave, class operation. And with Fans like Wavebb and Neutral O, what's not to love! I'll introduce you guys to my old QB, Hal Weaver, we made most games last season. Boo Boo was the first non-Lee County FT Myers News Press Player of the Year (1971). Also an All-State MLB, those were the Tarpon Teams that first earned that reputation the Tarps were going to hit you. Lawless, on clean hits, put out the QB and MLB from Cypress Lake a few series apart.

Reactions: MarkECannon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT