ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Charlotte County

You've watched the Tarpons, I'm going to assume? I've gotten the impression watching from the outside looking in, they actually improved as they moved through their season.........yes/no? Lemon Bay and Port Charlotte have displayed some real consistency the last 3 years, in that for me it shows programs built on solid foundations?

Watched a video the other day of a Port Charlotte youth football team "The Bandits" looked to be in the 11-14 age range, beat a North Fort Myers youth team team 34-0 or something like that for the Peace River Championship

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkECannon
I’m very pleased to see how the Tarpons have improved this year to the point they won their district. My granddaughters have not been allowed to cheer this year because they were playing volleyball for Charlotte. I haven’t been to a Tarpon football game since 2021.

gatorman001, I have watched some youth football video with my stepson because he coached the 10-U for the Charlotte Warriors. We were scouting next weekend’s opponent. They lost to the Fort Myers Firecats in the Peace River Conference Final last Saturday.

Reactions: Silver King
This was a reset season, and those first four games were against four of the five best teams we played. We lost our QB and 3 OL against Dunbar and really had no serviceable backup. If we had the starters, those games wouldn't have changed much. But the team kept playing hard, benefited from a 3-team weak district and did what they had to, to win those games. I'm happy seeing some of the program things get addressed that needed addressing.

Port Charlotte has one of their better teams and should make a run, its good to see Lemon Bay back too. They stopped scheduling the Tarpons years ago because they were simply outgunned - those lopsided games didn't do either program any favors. I hope maybe now that they're improved they'll schedule us again. But with a new staff, this will be a work in progress for a bit.

SK, I went to the Kentucky @ Georgia game last month. My sister and brother-in-law, along with some friends, refurbished an old ambulance into a Georgia Bulldog tailgate mobile. One of their tailgating buddies was a former Lemon Bay Manta Ray mascot. She used to wear the Manta ray costume during Lemon Bay games. 😂 Small world.

Reactions: Silver King
SK, I went to the Kentucky @ Georgia game last month. My sister and brother-in-law, along with some friends, refurbished an old ambulance into a Georgia Bulldog tailgate mobile. One of their tailgating buddies was a former Lemon Bay Manta Ray mascot. She used to wear the Manta ray costume during Lemon Bay games. 😂 Small world.
That sounds very cool, and yeah, small world. Speaking of mascots, our Tarpon Mascot who wore the costume, won homecoming queen and went on to perform in the Rio Olympics in BMX for he mother's native Thailand. Dad was in USAF during Vietnam brought mom home to Punta Gorda.

Reactions: peezy28
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT