ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte 9-21 Ft Myers

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Coach Sammy, with Binky Waldrop's retirement, is now the dean of SW Florida's coaches. He showed it tonight with a great game plan and a fired up team. The Tarpons just couldn't get going, took a lot of procedure penalties, had trouble catching the ball and didn't capitalize on opportunities. Tonight it was the Wave defense stuffing 4th downs.

Thoughts and prayers to FM Sr. #3 Jabemnak Lubert- had either a dislocated knee or fracture, left in an ambulance. Played a great game, awful to end his senior season that way.

We get a week off then the buzzsaw of Palmetto - although I see Braden River beat them tonight.

Reactions: Wavebb
Was surprised once I got home and could review the scores, that Charlotte lost to Fort Myers as well as Braden River handling Palmetto like they did. Going to watch the Palmetto game this weekend to get a better feel for what happened last night, as Manatee Plays Palmetto this coming week. Manatee to me despite dominating the second half last might against Lakewood Ranch, is not anywhere close to playing to its potential.

Saw a lot of Co-vid contradictions at Lakewood Ranch HS last night. When it was announced that tickets for the game would have to be purchased online, I expected any other potential transactions at the game would be cash less as well. When I pulled into the stadium that thought was quickly put on its heals, with a group of adult and kids collecting actual cash for parking. Seating at the stadium was marked so that individuals would remain at least 6 feet aprat.....(which for the most part was followed, despite what appeared to be any kind of administrative over-sight to ensure those rules were followed properly). Concession stand was opened and selling unsealed food products......I didn't buy anything but I'm going to assume they were available via a cash transaction as well? The Lakewood Ranch band was positioned in the back of one of the endzones, in what appeared to be a 6 foot separation style, but come halftime they with all of the assisting adults as they prepared to play were in very close quarters before going onto the field. Once they went onto the field however they assumed a 6 foot separation playing arrangement, playing only a single number. I stopped by to use a restroom, before the game started and while I was in the restroom 4 Manatee football players (I wont name who the players were, but the staff clearly needs to make sure all team players understand the importance of wearing mask and when to do so), came into the restroom, without wearing masks..........I could cite a few other things I noticed with members of the Manatee Athletic administration that would have concerned me, but the bottom line was just simply a lack of consistency in being responsible with not putting players, students and its adults with oversight responsibility in the best possible position with not being potentially exposed to Covid

Last edited:
That's been about right for the season. I don't think schools and teams are as much a worry given we've been at it for over a month and half way through the season proves it wasn't in the school aged population like they tried to make us believe. The risk is someone contracting it at home or outside of school and bringing it into the school system , which is bound to happen. But I think the decision of opening schools and playing sports has gone much better than anyone's wldest dreams.

Have you read anything else about Pal / BR? I can;t get on H-T page. That score makes me wonder if the Palmetto Q went down, that's a lot of unanswered points against that offense.

Just hurried through the BR/Pal game on Tiger Vision. Things headed south starting with a pass bouncing off the hands of a Palmetto receiver that was INT. Then BR converted three crazy long 3rd/ 4th downs on scoring drives.

Braden Rivers Offense finally started clicking this season. The Palmetto guys said they have 10 off 11 returnees on Offense. They'll be a handful in the playoffs.

That's been about right for the season. I don't think schools and teams are as much a worry given we've been at it for over a month and half way through the season proves it wasn't in the school aged population like they tried to make us believe. The risk is someone contracting it at home or outside of school and bringing it into the school system , which is bound to happen. But I think the decision of opening schools and playing sports has gone much better than anyone's wldest dreams.

Have you read anything else about Pal / BR? I can;t get on H-T page. That score makes me wonder if the Palmetto Q went down, that's a lot of unanswered points against that offense.

Agree completely, my attempt however was just to point out what I felt were contradictions in how its being handled. Why do online purchasing of game tickets to eliminate cash transactions, if once at the game you're going to provide parking and concessions via a more traditional payment system? Why if keeping players safe & eligible to play is paramount, aren't you emphasizing players observing proper health protocols to optimize player safety & eligibility? I bet you if I were to attempt to watch a Manatee football practice, I'd have all kinds of issues watching practice beyond outside the fence presently because of covid........why wouldn't that also apply to the day of the game in as far as reducing exposure risks at a minimum? Narratives and themes mean nothing, if your actions consistently point towards contradiction of those narratives!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT