ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte 26-14 Port Charlotte

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Tarps salvaged a tough season by clinching a playoff berth by beating the Pirates at their house. I said if the Fish didn't have over two turnovers they'd win. They had two, PC though, had a couple more than that.

Young coach had some double motions, unbalanced lines, option pass, had the sideline signs with Curly, Larry and Moe giving hand signs and dummy signs incase we picked them up. Heck he had it looking like Auburn south over there. We ran our usual two plays and the comeback and got off to a 20-0 lead.

Tonight our defense set the stage - the 2nd play we fumble at the 25. Our D holds and PC kicker goes wide right. Last year the Pirates won by converting a 4th and 12 late. This year the dice didn't fall, Tarps stuffed all 4 Fourth downs they went for. Last time they did that SK's middle son an OLB was in on it and he also recovered a fumble that led to the only points 6-0 (The Pirate HC played on that team) in the lowest scoring game ever in this series.

Last I heard Wave said Ft Myers had a running clock on Riverdale; so they are officially District Champs tonight and Charlotte runner up,. Congrats to the Green Wave.

Spell check and editing provided by Professor Neutral of Olga Trailer Park and Bar Univ.

This post was edited on 11/1 8:01 AM by Silver King

Re: Charotte 26-14 Port Charlotte

Yeah, SK may have a tendency to mess up, but when it come to spellin "Charlotte", he still battin .500.

Thanks bro. It was a fun game last night. Pirate HC Jordan Ingman is doing some really good things with that program. It was nice being the team that benifitied from turnovers and not handed them out like Charlotte has in their three losses. But he has that team ready to play.

Stick with the turnovers, SK. They easier on the waistline than them glazed doughnuts
cool.r191677.gif

You don't sell those at Wendys. What no congrats to Wave, no wonder he leaves you at the park all the time when you think he's coming to pick you up.

Nu'Trelle been done wiff Wave for quite some time. Know how many time Wave promise to give Nu'Trelle a ride an not show up? 35 in a row! He always be cryin the neighbors was shootin at his car. How Nu'Trelle responsible for what some his neighbor due? Beside that, what difference do a few broke winshield here or there make, nomsayin?

Any ways ... make no difference that Wave a bum ... congrats to the Green Wave this season an good luck in the play-offs.

I'm going to go to bat for you and fix this problem with Wave. He needs to be more accountable. I waited for him before the Tarps / Wave game at Beef's, Dude never showed.

I made the mistake of telling people he was coming and even had them break out their best Chardonnay. All the waitresses stood their like disappointed puppy dogs watching the door for the guy who blew into town a few years ago and was tipping everybody like Rodney Dangerfield in Caddy Shack.

Amen bro. Hard to believe he the same dude who brought Tachycardia to town.

When does his "Silent Bob" routine and doesn't post much, it means the Green Wave have something. As quiet as he's been, they're gonna make a run this year, watch.

Silver King: We could win a playoff game or two. We have a great group of kids who have played together four years. Fort Myers is somewhat outdated because we don't look for transfers or even want them. Our qb this year was forced to start a game at Island Coast his freshmen year. They featured transfers Mario Pender, Aaron Lynch and TJ Johnson. Of course it was a running clock. As you know, Coach Sammy is keeping up his Dad's legacy of win or lose the right way. I think Bink would agree. We had Deion and Jevon at one point but they chose to go to North. The rest is history. If you want to be a Greenie, you will follow the rules and make the grades in the classroom. Enough of that.

Neutral: Been by your place many times, took some gunshots to the car, asked around the trailer park and nobody knew where you were. They always mentioned something about a new lady who just moved in. On another note, Wave gave you BL's Jacob and all the REM dogs at NFM. We both know you made cash on most of them. Jacob was just too short to run the Biscayne course but dominated Flagler and Hollywood back in the day. Wave is back, jus sayin. WAVE OUT!

Well, keep up the good work Wave, I hope you all make a run. Great program and they're hard to find these days. Don't be too hard on Neut, he can't control those small turf wars. Keep giving him tips and a ride once in awhile, you guys go way too far back to split the act up now.

Disclaimer

Nu'Trelle can't remember seein Wave in no trailer park, In fack, he can't remember no trailer park, Axst Wave witch trailer park he talkin bout. Nu'Trelle dont know nothin bout no trailor parks. Its undoubtedly a figmint of Wave's magination.

Stretch Sidenote: Over the years, the lass 10 feet at Biscayne probably cost Nu'Trelle more than a hundred grand.

Congrats to the Tarps. Wish you guys luck in the post-season. Definitely a well deserved win. Always tough for me giving kudos to the guys in blue in gold as a former Pirate, but it takes being a few years removed to look at it a little objectively. haha. Congrats to your boys SK!

Thanks CC. As always, hitting, intense game between a lot of kids who grew up together. Pirates were in it till the very end, had their opportunities. I really like that offense they run. We're going to need a lot more than good luck in the playoffs. Good luck to you too coach.

Thank ya sir, we have to make the trip to the West Coast next week to take on the Hurricanes for the fourth year in a row. Good luck to your "boys" as well!

I love those long term playoff runs - like that Armwood / BTW seies a few years back; eventually they get to know each otehr so well, anything can happen.

We've had a lot of "anything" come our way this year. Hoping that the focus is back in the right place for the weeks ahead here. Seems that we're hitting our stride at the right point. But time will tell.

Very curious how Charlotte matches up with Viera, who is flat out beloved by the media in Central Florida. Viera is 10-0, but I really don't think they they've played a competitive schedule outside of Melbourne High School, who, I think is average this year. Charlotte has a lot of tradition.

Have no idea about Viera, other than I'll tell you what Bo Schembeckler told me once (I used to have him on the Yacht I ran for the Tigers and Domino's Pizza). Bo and I were talking football as we often did and we were talking about great defenses in NCAA that year (I think it was 88 or so). I discounted my old college team having 8 shutouts one season, saying "well, they play in the NAIA".

Bo said, "I don't care if you're playing the school for the blind, that's pretty impressive." So ten wins to me is all I need to know about them. I don't think lucky or drawing a bunch of average or below teams gets you 10, and I've been on some absolutely great teams that only got to 9 in a regular season.

Charlotte is a young Tarpon team showing its growing pains this season. They played below my expectations. They were awful against our two biggest rivals, Venice and Ft Myers. Turnovers, undisciplined penalties, mental mistakes - young team stuff. The last two games they've finally showed a little improvement, but against average teams.

I was really hoping we'd beat PC because whatever Viera will give them, will be a bonus experience wise for a much better run next year.

I couldn't make the game tonight, but I hear Charlotte rolled in this one, 48-0 and Ft Myers won so we get a rematch in Ft Myers next week and decides who plays for the regional title in SW Florida. I think we'll give Ft Myers a little better game this time around.

This post was edited on 11/14 10:20 PM by Silver King

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT