ADVERTISEMENT

CCC 31 TAMPA CATHOLIC 7

MarkECannon

Oct 9, 2010
The Clearwater Central Catholic Mauraders outclassed the Tampa Catholic(TC) Crusaders at the victor’s home field with an almost packed house. Tampa Catholic’s most impressive moment occurred during the captains’ meeting for the coin toss. The Crusaders sent out 4 of their largest lineman with their helmets on in an apparent attempt to intimidate. They dwarfed the 2 CCC captains.

Once the game started it was obvious the plan did not work as the Mauraders defense stymied TC’s offense time after time. TC ‘s WR TJ Moore caught a beautiful TD pass that was nullified by a holding penalty. Moore is 6’3” Clemson commit. He is smooth as silk and appears to be legit. Unfortunately, TC’s ATH Jameer Grimsley, an Alabama commit, was injured so he did not play.

The real story of the night was CCC’s domination. They took it to the Crusaders all game in all phases of the game. The Mauraders junior QB Jershaun Newton ran and passed impressively. In my opinion the major difference was CCC’s coaches had their team ready to play and TC played with markedly less energy.

This was a 3M Region 3 clash of evenly ranked opponents. The result of the game says otherwise.

As a side note, I saw a video during last season's track season where 3 rather large TC individuals (all were at least 6'3" to 6'4" and all were 250lbs or better), run a 100 meters heat at some sort of invitational or another in Tampa. All ran 14 to 15 second times, which I thought was pretty impressive! Didn't TC also beat Sarasota in a kick-off classic 41-14 or something like that a few weeks back? CCC has always been a major nemesis for Cardinal Mooney in football come playoff time, of course with the suburban/Metro division that's no longer the case.

You two should start a sports podcast with Wavebb as color. Tape it at Beefs, or my house with the Peace River as a backdrop. Call it Old Geezer Prep! The authority of SW and Suncoast Football!

We shoot from the Lani prior for pre-game/tease so you're protected from the rain. Nice view if your content drags - then Saturday we go to game reviews and comments. We get the occasional guest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT