ADVERTISEMENT

As world markets continue their free fall, and Corona Virus deaths continue to grow.....

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Do fall HS sports eventually get cancelled next season? This pandemic and its affects on the world is only getting started........

Go Canes Go!

Over 1,000 people died of the regular flu up to Feb 3rd this year in America. I'm still dodging mosquitoes from the Zika Virus over in Dade. Lifes to short to ponder what's gonna get you when its your time.

Reactions: peezy28
Lifes to short to ponder what's gonna get you when its your time.
"We all gotta go somehow." Check.

After thinking bout SK's sage advice, Nu'Trelle have finally decided to lift his ban on dating wimmens in they twenties.

Will maybe see you guys later in the big message board in the sky. :rolleyes:

Well........... the original question I posed was meant to focus on HS football and its probability of being cancelled for the 2020 season. Some of you I guess because of your advanced years in age, took it as stare into your eventual day of reckoning?

As it stands now spring football is a none event, as it looks like the entire 2nd semester of the 2019-2020 school year isn't happening. With the time lines that are being put out with regards to potentially restarting the economy, I think its probable the summer 7 on 7 tournaments aren't going to happen this year either. This leaves me to wonder when the medical community will give its blessing on lowering the requirements on social distancing, to allow for assembly for sports.......... particularly as it relates to team sports like football at some point during the summer?

Because I keep reading where the medical community keeps talking about a re-occurrence of the virus in the fall/winter, I'm still wondering how that might impact fall sports potentially at the HS level? A lot of HS sports department budgets are going to be negatively impacted, should football be scaled back or suspended completely for the 2020 season.

Silver King said on 3/4/20: "Over 1,000 people died of the regular flu up to Feb 3rd this year in America"

As of 2359 GMT (Worldometers site) March 30, 2020, the U.S. Mortality Rate (M/R) (calculated by dividing the number of reported U.S. Infections into the number of reported U.S Fatalities) was 1.93%. 3170 US residents have died from this virus thus far. Today showed a noticeable M/R uptick of 0.13% to an M/R of 1.93% from yesterday 3/29/20. Rate of infection has slowed somewhat in that the rate is no longer doubling every 3 days, and is now showing according to my calculation a doubling rate of every 5 days......a good sign for sure. That's not to dismiss however, that at the current 1.93% MR, means more US residents are all to certain to add to the current 3170 deaths recorded as of 3/30/20. Stay safe everyone out there.........

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT