ADVERTISEMENT

3A for 2015

TCMan

Nov 30, 2004
Well, summer workouts are in full swing and the football season will be here before you know it. I would love to hear from some of you 3A followers as to who might be included in an early preseason top 10 and who you think might contend for Orlando in the upcoming season.

Reactions: Fan 74
I think that Jessica could probably weigh in on this with some knowledgeable advice. However, if we can get by TCA in the 2nd round I think that OTC, even with all of its changes, could be in Orlando once again.

My top 5 in Class 3A right now are as follows:

1) Jacksonville Trinity Christian- 2 Straight championships earn them this right.
2) American Heritage Del-Ray- Last years runner-up, gets them here.
3) Clearwater Central Catholic- Despite losing Jeff Smith, CCC is a much improved football team from last year.
4)Oxbridge Academy- Traver Homer and squad could have a special season.
5) Pensacola Catholic- Crusaders have the pieces to be competitive.

My overwhelming favorite right now is American Heritage Del-Ray. THis is a senior laden team, and I like Cameron Smith at QB. I think highly of Devin Singletary, going as far as saying he's my vote as top player in 3A. I'm also a big fan of Alec Sincfield and DJ Davis. I like Heritage Del-Ray in the South and Jacksonville Trinity in the North. So, a rematch from last year.

The game I would like to see in the North is JaxTCA vs OTC and JaxTCA vs Tampa Catholic. In the Bay area, Tampa Catholic is being hyped as a top 5 team for all classes as they have Nate Craig-Myers, Devan Barrett, Bentlee Sanders and a host of others- but I don't think they have the same attitude as the Jacksonville and Ocala teams.

Obviously, in the South- American Heritage and Oxbridge are in for 2 great football games this year IMHO. I think Oxbridge will overtake American Heritage over the next few seasons, but not this year. I think Heritage rhomps pretty handily.

CCC is the X-factor in 3A this year. They have a plethora of talent, a solid QB, skill players out the ying yang, but they are young. Many feel they are a year away from getting back to Orlando, but should get back to the final 4. They only have 8 seniors on a 47 player roster and their best players are going to be Juniors this year. I truly feel this time next year, CCC will have about 8-10 Division 1 guys on their squad, but that's 2016..we're in 2015 and young.

Pensacola Catholic is another X-factor, they have a lot of talent and are well coached, but 3A North is loaded again this year with talented teams.

Don't sleep on Berkeley Prep or Orlando First Academy either!

Maybe someone could explain to me what the advantage is for a player to transfer to IMG for his senior season, AFTER he already has an offer from a good college program. IMG has several players who do just that each year.

Hmm, I don't know. I try not to pay a whole lot of attention to what they're doing there, but the local rag here tries to keep them in the headlines.

Yeah, Malik Henry got booted, left or whatever. But they replaced him with Shea Patterson from Miss, 5 star QB committed to Ole Miss.

Well we will find out starting tomorrow what the teams look like. Cant wait.

Bo Peek, a Senior DT for Berkeley Prep and Standford committ just transferred to Tampa Plant for his Senior season. The Hillsborough private schools have taken a beating with transfers out of their programs.

Bo Peek, a Senior DT for Berkeley Prep and Standford committ just transferred to Tampa Plant for his Senior season. The Hillsborough private schools have taken a beating with transfers out of their programs.
They just getting that done to them what they been doing to others for years. Goes around...

Not a transfer, but more tough news for Tampa Catholic as the 4 Star QB has decided to only focus on basketball and not football.

Berkeley actually isn't one of those schools that gets all the transfers like that.

Seems that is the 2nd or 3rd time that has happened to TC and for what...

Sense Pensacola Catholic is now back in 3A teams better watch out.

As for the allure of IMG...

1.I think some college coaches may push their committed guys there
2. NFL/College level training a year before you start supposedly puts you ahead of the game
3. Overzealous parents and kids.
4. Foreign girls.

Well it doesn't look like it helped the QB that transferred from Olympia. He gonna be picking splinters out his ass all season at FSU. And that was the case before Golson came.

I'm an FSU fan... but he chose the wrong school. Could have been a 2 or 3 year starter somewhere else. Still he is like 4th or 3rd on the Depth Chart.

I'll go with Jess, she gets it closer than anyone else. However...
To quote Jess "4)Oxbridge Academy- Traver Homer and squad could have a special season."
I would not be surprised to see this team fighting for the championship this year.

3A is loaded this year and could contend with the best teams in all the classes.
The Tampa area always supplies us with lots of talent from several teams but CCC seems more of a homegrown team that develops their talent rather than import it. With IMG moving into that area I can see a falling off in the next few years from teams like Manatee and CCC, I hope I'm wrong..
Jax likes to offer scholarships to athletes so they're very rarely in need of Talent, I expect them to be a tough out as always.
South Florida has something in the water. They seem to grow em mean and hard in the south. A lot of top college talent comes out of the lower counties. I expect AHD to be loaded and ready. The new comer in 3A This year is Oxbridge Academy. They were undefeated last year as an independent and recently beat Cocoa in a scrimmage. Cocoa didn't take them serious and learned a lesson from it. Hopefully the other 3A teams were paying attention, because if not then I see a wake up call.
Central Florida... I have not done any research on MCC this year but will say that they are known for giving teams in 3A a headache. I have no reason to believe they will not be a contender.
Northwest Florida. Pensacola has been in the show more and a few times and can and will challenge 3A, Again I have litte to offer here but If Jess believes in them then I've got her back.

As for the allure of IMG...

1.I think some college coaches may push their committed guys there
2. NFL/College level training a year before you start supposedly puts you ahead of the game
3. Overzealous parents and kids.
4. Foreign girls.

This quote from Peezy. It gets them ready for the next level. Think of it as a college school.. The school runs on a college schedule. College level trainers and weight room. Weight training at 6 am for the football players and you will not miss training. Education is above standard with tutors and counseling on site. It's not for everyone and 5 star athlete's transferring out shows it's not all fun and games. A lot of the 2nd string get D1 offers because colleges know the commitment the players make to stay at IMG.

Quite a few professionals come from IMG and you will see that double in the next few years.

Thanks Cat Scratch! I'm finishing up my Class 3A Preview as I speak, so I'll be posting it in a new thread soon. True story, I actually DID finish my 3A preview about a week ago and then I became aware of about 9 transfers and felt there were enough transfers to hold off on my preview and rework some things. MCC was one of them with BJ Daniels transferring in from Melbourne.

That's some schedule, including three excellent Florida teams. IMG at number one in only their 3rd year of football competition. That's even amazing for a team that can recruit any player that it wants worldwide. Do you feel that AH, Miramar, or Cocoa have a chance to upset IMG or even give them a competitive game?

I think all 3 will be competetive. IMG chose the games carefully. They want different style offenses and defenses in the teams they play and they want the best they can schedule.

AHP will play a strong line game with a heavy running attack I believe. AH has the depth and strength to go toe to toe with IMG and being IMG's kickoff may be IMG's toughest game getting chemistry flowing. AHP isn't as complete as last year but they do reload very well however the talent at IMG is staggering. I expect a lot of things will be worked out for both teams by the 4 quarter.

Cocoa brings a spread Offense with a dual threat QB and a fast attack Defense. Wilks also is an expert on running the Wing T so you may see a little variance in his system. Cocoa is smallish on the lines but speedy with very fast recovery skills. Cocoa defense will test Pattersons ability to make quick reads and deliver strikes. I wouldn't be surprised to see IMG come out run heavy against Cocoa's smaller defense and lack of depth.

Miramar is a compelet guess for me. I know they come from an area that is traditionally in talent but with the coaching changes and transition I'm not sure what to expect from them.

That said IMG is expected to win all 3.

Feel free to correct me on MIramar, AHP and Cocoa If I've got it all wrong, it is a new year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT