ADVERTISEMENT

Which game to attend

DeereCy

Jul 19, 2001
Down in Hollywood for long weekend. Traveled from Iowa. Want to attend a good Florida h.s. football game. Any suggestions ?? Thanks in advance!

A little over an hour drive from Hollywood but maybe up to Belle Glade to see the Muck Bowl between Glades Central and Pahokee?

I was going to get together with my old college running back from Belle Glade, Roy Brown and go years ago when both teams were cranking, but he got sick right before the season. May he rest in Peace.

I think I've told this a couple times, but I remember playing in the Muck when it was still Lake Shore Belle Glade in 1969 before Central. As we were pulling in, there were more brothers there than a Tarzan movie and a few were pelting the bus with rocks. We were in away white unis and only had two brothers on the team. Our jerseys were black real quick on a wet evening.When one of our black guys went in the game, the Lakeshore crowd gave him a standing O.

I remember cutting down a DE on a bootleg and he looked to have been shaving for years, looked about 35.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT