ADVERTISEMENT

Weekly Post

peezy28

Feb 25, 2003
For no other reason than to just have a post and not let Rivals delete the site for lack of activity.

OSU and PSU players... I will never understand the minds of these kids... that is all I have to offer

Signing Day thoughts - The rich always get richer

XFL - Anyone watching?

Plants new Coach is their former JV coach... He is a good guy but I do not think Plant will ever rise to their levels of prominence without W at the helm.

I got nothing else... What's up with you 2 or 3 fellas.

*Sarasota-Riverview HS has brought former NFL head coach for the Kansas City Chiefs, as well as long time NFL assistant coach Todd Haley to serve as its OC

*Charlotte HS lost its HBC to retirement a week or so ago, but named its new HBC from within its coaching ranks currently at Charlotte HS.......(Figured Silver might have weighed in on this before now, but nothing so far?)

Signing day thoughts: Satisfied over-all with the Gators class, but haven't yet been able to get a handle on why they couldn't convince any HS RB's to commit to the Gators?

Not sure what has happen at OSU, but the PSU stuff is another head scratcher?

Plant's was a powerhouse during the Rolland Acosta era, and again with W...............everything runs in cycles...............unless of course you can openly recruit like your STA's etc.........

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
HC Changes are always fluid. As for Charlotte, I've been waiting to see how it plays out staff wise. At this point, it appears like most of the pieces are in place, but I'm expecting at least one more move. We're keeping it in the family so far. New young DC and OC both Tarpons (my sons played with them) have been groomed to step up.

Tarpons new Head Coach is Wade Taylor, a Tarpon who has been on the staff for awhile - left to do a stint as a Track Coach at Webber College around 2010 or so, returned in a couple years. DC and OC who've been with Bink for most of his 21 years, Coaches Mut and Marsh also left - they always said they'd leave as a group (Both were former HCs at Port Charlotte & North Ft Myers respectively. All close friends, and all were ready. There are grandkids and families to catch up on. If you look what they had to work with, you'd appreciate them like those of us who know the game do here in Punta Gorda.

HC Binky Waldrop in 21 Years won 70% of his games making him the most successful Tarpon Coach: 174-73 record, and made the playoffs in 17 of those 21 years including 11 of the past 12 years. Won two Regional Titles played in a bunch more. Took a last seed team of four from our District to the Regional final this season with a 4OT win against Lake Gibson, that's 6 Regional final games in 12 years.

I was incredibly lucky to have all three of my boys play for this staff - That was a gift from my old program, and we in turn, are the winningest family in Tarpon history with 82 combined wins two Regional Titles and six District titles.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorman001
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT