ADVERTISEMENT

Want Some Offense Gator Fans?

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
They are talking to Chip Kelly, known for his explosive Oregon offenses. The problem I see is that this kind of offense usually doesn't get players to the NFL. You'll only get the top recruits if you can get them to the next level.

Also, will players be willing to use an up-tempo offensive in the Florida heat? It's tough to get through a game in September. What if they were required to do twice as many plays per game?

Keep looking Florida!

Reactions: DarterBlue2
Word is they flew to speak with him over the weekend (including the School President) and did not get a deal done. He wants to see what UCLA is going to offer as well. What seemed like a done deal 3-4 days ago does not sound so done now.

UCLA would be a really bad choice for Chip, IMHO, but if he wants to test the grounds out again on the west coast good for him.

This to me is looking more and more like process we saw with the last 2 hires, with only Foley not playing the leading role for the University of Florida this time. To me there is only one hire among existing HBC coaches that would make sense and that is Mullen.

Go Canes Go!

They are talking to Chip Kelly, known for his explosive Oregon offenses. The problem I see is that this kind of offense usually doesn't get players to the NFL. You'll only get the top recruits if you can get them to the next level.

Also, will players be willing to use an up-tempo offensive in the Florida heat? It's tough to get through a game in September. What if they were required to do twice as many plays per game?

Keep looking Florida!

So I thought you were wrong but I went ahead and looked it up for myself and I was shocked at what I found. Oregon is currently tied for 10th with players on a NFL roster. Yup they don't put players in the NFL. I mean 10th is the best you can do? That's embarrassing and no way Florida should hire Chip Kelly.

Scott Frost also runs an up tempo offense and UCF is 1st in points scored and 15th in total offense. UCF is also undefeated and Scott Frost learned under Chip Kelly. You are right no way players will be willing to run that up tempo offense in this heat. Chip Kelly's offense has no chance of working and the players will boycott within a month.

I now completely understand Chip Kelly is the wrong choice to be the next Florida Head Football Coach. Mr. Stricklin please do not hire Chip Kelly. It is the wrong move and we are happy scoring one offensive touch down every three weeks.

Go Gators

So I thought you were wrong but I went ahead and looked it up for myself and I was shocked at what I found. Oregon is currently tied for 10th with players on a NFL roster. Yup they don't put players in the NFL. I mean 10th is the best you can do? That's embarrassing and no way Florida should hire Chip Kelly."
Actually you're wrong......try 25th for 2017 week 1 opening NFL rosters, and oh yeah the university with all the bad coaching, that desperately needs Kelly to right its ship.....(according to your logic, based on one's ability to put players in the NFL) as its next HBC is tied at #2
College programs with the most alums on NFL Week 1 rosters.

1. LSU – 51
  2. Florida – 45
  3. USC – 45
  4. Alabama – 44
  5. Miami – 44
  6. Ohio State – 42
  7. Florida State – 40
  8. Clemson – 38
  9. Georgia – 38
  10. Michigan – 35
  11. Auburn – 34
  12. Oklahoma – 33
  13. California – 32
  14. Wisconsin – 32
  15. Notre Dame – 31
  16. Utah – 31
  17. Penn State – 30
  18. UCLA – 30
  19. Michigan State – 29
  20. Tennessee – 29
  21. Texas – 29
  22. Stanford – 28
  23. Arkansas – 27
  24. Nebraska – 27
  25. Oregon – 27
Go Canes Go!

They are #26 on this list from Sep 2017!

Playing in the American Conference is a world of difference from playing in the SEC. Scott Frost will just be another coach to fail at Florida.

I agree, lure Dan Mullen back to the swamp.

Good anaylys Choc, and Fact Check Gatorman.

I don't think Kelly is the guy either - Oregon may be 25th at putting players in the pros, but he'd have to go against programs that have 3 of the top 4 and 7 total in that category playing in the SEC. They just canned the guy who got to the title game twice because of that.

Neither Kelly or Frost would get to play those West Coast 7 on 7 defenses. They have some decent offensive players out there in the West, and I'm guessing that's where most of USC , Cal and Oregon have come from. I mean the Juice and Marcus showed us that.

and I agree Frost has no chance in being successful. I mean the SEC is so good and obviously the best conference in college football. A coach coming from Utah or UCF would have absolutely no chance in being successful in the SEC. He would fail just like the others.

Word is the deal is done with CK, but it cannot be announced until after the Gator season is over. He misses a 5 million payout from the NFL if he takes the job before the season is officially “over.”

This to me is looking more and more like process we saw with the last 2 hires, with only Foley not playing the leading role for the University of Florida this time. To me there is only one hire among existing HBC coaches that would make sense and that is Mullen.

Go Canes Go!
Mullen’s wife said she doesn’t want to come back to Gainesville

I don’t care who they get as long as he rebuilds the program from the ground up and don’t bring in an Urban Meyer who was on top of the world but fell so hard, whenever all the good players graduated or left, he just couldnt deal with it… Urban just doesn’t build programs, well at the time he never did, so he fell facefirst… Hopefully the Gator Nation will give the next Coach time and don’t pressure the guy…MacElwains downfall was he had three years to progress the offense and they went backwards and maybe if he had the nerve to fire the OC just like the Broncos just did, Mac would still be at Florida today… That was his number 1 downfalll

Last edited:
and I agree Frost has no chance in being successful. I mean the SEC is so good and obviously the best conference in college football. A coach coming from Utah or UCF would have absolutely no chance in being successful in the SEC. He would fail just like the others.

Wow i went through a time machine

I'm back in 2012 when sec actually was the best conference

Bc surely the best conference with LSU as top 5 team in conference didn't lose to Troy at home

The 6th best team certainly didn't blow a 30+ point lead to a west coast team who just fired their coach

In reality sec has bama, Georgia and auburn

Mississippi State decent but inconsistent

Who else is really good this year?

South Carolina and Kentucky?

Come on improved yes but overall they aren't as good as their record shows

Welcome back all you SEC Haters. We haven't got to hear your brilliant whining about the bottom feeders - how many NC titles did your conference claim in this century?

You guys have been MIA with this swill. But I figured we'd hear from you again since the SEC missed a rare recnt year where they didn't win the National Title. That's as rare this Century as a Big Foot sightings, and we live in the south.

Yeah and the Pac 12, Big 10, Big 12 would all be pretty tough if all their over hyped Top 10 teams didn't all have 2-losses, you got one decent team Wisconsin who plays in a down conference.

8 of the last 11 National Champions are represented by three different SEC Teams - 2 of the other 3, by two ACC teams; and only a single (1 loss team) from the Big 10.

Plus in this century, the ACC has as many NCs as Ohio State who had to steal one with the worst call in football history, so the ACC should have 3.

Keep running those numbers chief.

But you cn unbunch your panties, you're in luck this year, the ACC is going to get another one.

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
Welcome back all you SEC Haters. We haven't got to hear your brilliant whining about the bottom feeders - how many NC titles did your conference claim in this century?

You guys have been MIA with this swill. But I figured we'd hear from you again since the SEC missed a rare recnt year where they didn't win the National Title. That's as rare this Century as a Big Foot sightings, and we live in the south.

Yeah and the Pac 12, Big 10, Big 12 would all be pretty tough if all their over hyped Top 10 teams didn't all have 2-losses, you got one decent team Wisconsin who plays in a down conference.

8 of the last 11 National Champions are represented by three different SEC Teams - 2 of the other 3, by two ACC teams; and only a single (1 loss team) from the Big 10.

Plus in this century, the ACC has as many NCs as Ohio State who had to steal one with the worst call in football history, so the ACC should have 3.

Keep running those numbers chief.

But you cn unbunch your panties, you're in luck this year, the ACC is going to get another one.

Actually Miami wasn't in acc when they won that national title

And what does past championships have anything to do with how good sec is in 2017?

Are you kidding me, what do the bottom feeders have to do with best conference as per your weak argument?

Webster defines "Best" as "excelling all others" The SEC has excelled above all others.

So again, go back to the drawing board and try to come up with something that makes your ridiculous point.

OK, Miami is in the conference now, but add FSU and Clemson; two different ACC teams that have as many as Ohio State.

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
Are you kidding me, what do the bottom feeders have to do with best conference as per your weak argument?

Webster defines "Best" as "excelling all others" The SEC has excelled above all others.

So again, go back to the drawing board and try to come up with something that makes your ridiculous point.

OK, Miami is in the conference now, but add FSU and Clemson; two different ACC teams that have as many as Ohio State.

So 5th best team is bottom feeder?

You also never answered what the he[[ past seasons got jack to do with who is the best in 2017

I ain't arguing who best conference since 2005

I'm arguing who best conference this year

And if you really think anyone outside bama, Georgia and auburn From the sec are even remotely close to elite this year then you need to pay closer attention

Mississippi State is inconsistent

LSU and Texas A&M are both overrated

And the rest aren't good

you just named 3 teams from the SEC that are elite. What other conference has 3 teams? I'll wait and it's not the ACC. They only have 3 teams currently ranked

Last edited:
you just named 3 teams from the SEC that are elite. What other conference has 3 teams? I'll wait

Bama is elite

Georgia looked elite until auburn exposed them

Auburn can prove elite status this week

So 1 elite and 2 borderline elite

I ain't arguing who best conference since 2005. I'm arguing who best conference this year

Well no wonder you're consistently wrong; this thread is about a coach coming to Florida who had experience playing in a no-defense conference that would have to play in a conference which has a premium on defense.

As a result of that premium on defense, and running games geared to compete in such a conference, it just so happens to make it the best conference for producing National Championships.

You "hater hijacked" it then wanted to change the narrative. nomsayin'

Well no wonder you're consistently wrong; this thread is about a coach coming to Florida who had experience playing in a no-defense conference that would have to play in a conference which has a premium on defense.

As a result of that premium on defense, and running games geared to compete in such a conference, it just so happens to make it the best conference for producing National Championships.

You "hater hijacked" it then wanted to change the narrative. nomsayin'

They said same thing about Spurrier and his 90s gator offense that liked to pass but he won a national title so that spread offense can work in the sec

The question is would chip Kelly be able to bring in the right players

The SEC in the 90s wasn't what near what it became begining with Bama's recent run. Bama and Tennsess won in 90s, both fell way off.

Recruiting is going to be tough this year for both Florida and FSU - I've been saying that since Richt took over Miami that they better have enjoyed their little runs.

Those great south Florida players like what is going on in Miami, hell the whole country does. That's been accomplished, no matter what the rest of this season holds. And, I think the program has put itself in a position to be pretty epic.

To me there is only one hire among existing HBC coaches that would make sense and that is Mullen.
Nu'Trelle disagree 100%. The only hire that make any sense is peezy28. Once you get peezy in there, he probbley hire Daytona Dan to handle DB's, Mr HiSchool to coach centers, Wavebb to teach longsnappers, jambun82 to do rules interpretations and Silver King to show WR's how to put on more moves than a package of ExLax. Wait a second. These guys is mostly all FSU guys ... plus one Hurricane. Oh well, it might work. If it don't they can hire gatorman001, Choctaw_fan and HardeeWildcatFan to pitch a bitch (professionally) about all aspecks of the new program.

The SEC in the 90s wasn't what near what it became begining with Bama's recent run. Bama and Tennsess (sp) won in 90s, both fell way off.
Recruiting go just like ice cream. Most people will told you that strawberry, butter pecan, an chocolate had big runs in the 90's, but when SERIOUS cash is on the line, even a damn fool know Vanilla is - and always have been - King.

Reactions: Silver King
Food for Thought: Close call

A blind man is standing on corner wiff his seeing-eye dog. Light doesn't change, but dog starts the man into the street. Good Samaritan grab the man and jerk him and the dog back to the curb.

Blind man axe, "What's happening?"

People tells him, "Damn dog almost got you killed. You didn't have the light."

"Thanks," said the man as he reached into a pocket and extended the dog a treat.

"You gonna give the dog a reward for almost getting you killed?" axed a bystander.

Blind man say, "Nope. I just need to figure out where his mouth is so I can kick his %#$& ass."

why are you comparing two SEC teams against each other as in Auburn vs Bama? Of course one of them is going to lose but that doesn’t mean Auburn can’t beat every non-Sec team out there CHF!!!

why are you comparing two SEC teams against each other as in Auburn vs Bama? Of course one of them is going to lose but that doesn’t mean Auburn can’t beat every non-Sec team out there CHF!!!

They lost to Clemson

Also lost to LSU who lost to Troy at home

And i was saying auburn can prove elite status with a win

I didn't say bama wouldn't be elite with a loss

They lost to Clemson

Also lost to LSU who lost to Troy at home

And i was saying auburn can prove elite status with a win

I didn't say bama wouldn't be elite with a loss

Clemson lost to Syracuse 4-7 who lost to Middle tennessee

What's your point? Syracuse has looked unimpressive all year. Great teams sometimes lose even to bad teams like Clemson did. It's college football anything can happen on any given day. LSU also beat Syracuse a team Clemson lost too. Auburn hasn't lost since they lost to LSU. SEC was the best conference for like 10 years. ACC was the best last year. Not sure who is this year. I will let you know in January.

and before you toot your own horn Saturday the ACC should go 3-1 vs the SEC. Right now the SEC is 4-1 vs the ACC so even after Saturday you will still be behind 5-4.

and before you toot your own horn Saturday the ACC should go 3-1 vs the SEC. Right now the SEC is 4-1 vs the ACC so even after Saturday you will still be behind 5-4.

Well that's if Georgia don't blow it against Georgia Tech lol

Otherwise it will be 4-0

What's your point? Syracuse has looked unimpressive all year. Great teams sometimes lose even to bad teams like Clemson did. It's college football anything can happen on any given day. LSU also beat Syracuse a team Clemson lost too. Auburn hasn't lost since they lost to LSU. SEC was the best conference for like 10 years. ACC was the best last year. Not sure who is this year. I will let you know in January.

Difference was that was Clemson only loss

LSU has lost multiple games and almost blew it against a Florida team with no offense

LSU isn't that good this year and I'm shocked they beat auburn

Difference was that was Clemson only loss

LSU has lost multiple games and almost blew it against a Florida team with no offense

LSU isn't that good this year and I'm shocked they beat auburn

and Syracuse is garbage. How about those Canes. Overrated as well

10 straight games with no bye and two straight games with absolutely nothing to play for. Worry about your teams, didn;t they pay in the tolilet bowl this weekend?

Gatorman001 said this past Monday "
Go Canes Go!

Just wanted everyone to remember I said it before it was so, once again!

Go Canes Go!

Yes sir this was a great hire… anybody who says otherwise is a joke because Dan took players that couldn’t get into big name colleges and he Coached them up with his staff… Think what he can do with talent!!!5

Reactions: Columbiahighfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT