ADVERTISEMENT

Video clips that were posted to highlight Manatee DB's from the Spring game against Winter Haven

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
So I'm watching the clips about 5-6 minutes worth combined of various Manatee DB's, and I'm thinking to myself. Most of these show Winter Haven RB's running unimpeded past the line of scrimmage and LB's before encountering a Manatee DB at the 3rd level.......the video guy I guess saw a Manatee DB making what he thought was a form tackle, but I'm seeing play after play of a Winter Haven RB, getting to the 3rd level of the defense before being tackled. Granted its just a spring game, but Geezzzz....... it was awfully eye opening about the Manatee DL and LB's heading into the fall.

Go Canes Go!

Well, seeing a DB with the ability to make an open field tackle is a positive thing. Like you say it was a highlight for DBs, apparently not the front 7.

If you're not going to tackle at that position, you better be as good as "Neon Deion" $anders and even he had a fall back position in baseball.

Well, seeing a DB with the ability to make an open field tackle is a positive thing. Like you say it was a highlight for DBs, apparently not the front 7.

If you're not going to tackle at that position, you better be as good as "Neon Deion" $anders and even he had a fall back position in baseball.

Just curious what front the run because I’m wondering how many DBs they use… If they run a 3-4-4 I don’t understand why the RB would be getting to the 3rd level like that unimpeded. Are hitting the right gaps? Are they trying to arm tackle the RB? It appears from what your saying gatorman the LBs don’t know 1. Read run first, or 2. Dont understand their gaps & zones they are suppose to cover…Could you post a video link…I’m sure other would chime in if you did that…

Manatee is not good! They WILL lose to View and Venice bad and Palmetto will beat them as well- 3 area losses.... but that's your Manatee Hurricane's huh? Sad too bc the rhetoric coming out of Cane nation is they are going to be this and that but the truth is this and that will be 6-4

BTW- didnt Manatee get trasnfer kid from Charlotte at QB?

Seriously SotaCoach2? CTE kicking in buddy?

We discussed this last year and if memory serves me, you were the one who informed us the kid stopped by Charlotte for a cup of coffee and it was his 4th stop (I recall ODA and Palmetto as two of the teams you told us about) - you even mentioned a parent might be a little unrealistic.

He wasn't going to get on the field at Charlotte, and we needed help there. Hope he's found his spot at Manatee.

Seriously SotaCoach2? CTE kicking in buddy?

We discussed this last year and if memory serves me, you were the one who informed us the kid stopped by Charlotte for a cup of coffee and it was his 4th stop (I recall ODA and Palmetto as two of the teams you told us about) - you even mentioned a parent might be a little unrealistic.

He wasn't going to get on the field at Charlotte, and we needed help there. Hope he's found his spot at Manatee.

Anthony Squiteri is the kid's name right? I believe he is at Manatee now and his last known school and playing time was Charlotte. So how does that equal CTE haha. Anyways, I believe the 6-4 thing hold's strong and true and a one and done for Cane Country will be the best they can do. Not going to generate a lot of excitement that new coach will wear old and the bradenton folks will run him back north

Anthony Squiteri is the kid's name right? I believe he is at Manatee now and his last known school and playing time was Charlotte. So how does that equal CTE haha. Anyways, I believe the 6-4 thing hold's strong and true and a one and done for Cane Country will be the best they can do. Not going to generate a lot of excitement that new coach will wear old and the bradenton folks will run him back north
When he was hired I predicted no more than 3 years and he'd be gone, but I could very well see it happening after 2 as well.

Go Canes Go!

Sounds like his name. He came to us for the season after we played in the State Semi-final game, if the trend holds, he may already be at Venice.

The last really good QB we had ( We had a really good one in 2016 but he wasn't groomed, just put there because we had no one else. I'm talking about a 3 year starter type) won a National Title in Pop Warner in 2003 with the Charlotte Warriors (Pee Wees). That was a great group, my youngest first year in PW - I wouldn't let my other two play because I didn't want them to develop bad habits.

But they needed a WR, and my son was a heck of a basketball player, so they approached me about coaching. We made a deal to get the QB to come out for basketball. They played the next 6 years together - beat Manatee for the first time since 1949 and that Trey Burton led Venice team in the first and only playoff game between Charlotte and Venice; teams that had been playing since the 1930s.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT