ADVERTISEMENT

Venice/Riverview Palmetto/Manatee

SotaCoach1

Jan 31, 2017
2 intriguing games in Sarasota and Manatee Counties. I will be headed south to watch The View knock off Venice. I certainly think this is the year Riverview has enough. Looked really good -vs- Booker as we should have. In Manatee Co a couple of my friends will be headed to Palmetto/Manatee. Palmetto has been close the last couple years but cant seem to get over the hump and find the W. I dont think either team will win the district so a big non district playoff point game. Thoughts on either game? I like Riverview and Manatee both in close games

Riverview has talent I will give them that. They have had talent in the past as well. Ali Boyce is getting better each year. New QB from Booker has stepped in nicely. Will this be the year ? I watched their film vs Booker and there should have been no doubt the outcome on that one.
I have not seen Palmetto or Manatee play so its a toss up. Manatee just doesn't seem to have the same attitude it used to.

I just don't think Venice can handle Riverview's size or match up with their athletes I see Riverview rolling them 42-21. I also see a surprising score in the Palmetto/Manatee game. Manatee is sloppy and has not grasped their schemes yet. I see 28-7 Palmetto. I expect to see Manatee much improved later in the season.

I just don't think Venice can handle Riverview's size or match up with their athletes I see Riverview rolling them 42-21. I also see a surprising score in the Palmetto/Manatee game. Manatee is sloppy and has not grasped their schemes yet. I see 28-7 Palmetto. I expect to see Manatee much improved later in the season.

Palmetto struggled to put 28 in all 4 qtrs vs Booker

The same team The View put 35 on in all 5 drives the other night I see Manatee winning sloppy like last year 10-7 or 14-10 and Venice Riverview very high scoring with View winning 47-44 (similar to BR and Venice games of last year)

Riverview-Venice game will come down to penalties. Venice needs to stay on offense without penalties to get into rhythm.

If Palmetto doesn't beat Manatee this year, they probably won't any time soon.

Riverview vs Venice should be close.

i see more of the focus of the conversation has swung to the Manatee Co game. In that case Palmetto isnt blowing out anyone. They dont have the offense to do so and their D wears down. Look for potentially Palmetto to be 0-4 as they have MHS/The View (a win for sure)/BR/ Lake Gibson plus Venice and Charlotte they are looking at 3-6 this year

i see more of the focus of the conversation has swung to the Manatee Co game. In that case Palmetto isnt blowing out anyone. They dont have the offense to do so and their D wears down. Look for potentially Palmetto to be 0-4 as they have MHS/The View (a win for sure)/BR/ Lake Gibson plus Venice and Charlotte they are looking at 3-6 this year

Mostly because Manatee is in the unknown right now. New coach and not winning the district has people wondering what direction they will be taking this year.
Riverview-Venice game is normally a pretty close matchup recently. The addition of Brantley from Booker has some wondering if he can put them into a deep playoff run this year. Grable-Van Ness-Almonzor-Turner should be happy he is at Riverview.
Boyce and Hayes at RB have ran the ball well.
Griffith being at 300+ lbs always helps.
Playing Lakewood Ranch and Booker eases Riverview into their schedule.

Venice has big shoes to fill missing LaRoche. Cant replace him. Can only put the load on a few others to carry this year. I doubt we will see any blow outs like last year except N Port and Lakewood Ranch would be my guess.

Venice just blew out a really good Camden Co. team. Much better team than they faced last year and a bigger point difference than last year. I have a feeling Saturday people will be eating crow. If Hayes went to VHS he would of rushed for 2,000 yards and would of been the #1 recruit in his class

You sound like a Venice Coach keepinitreal. The kid seems like a good fit with the Rams. And Venice will be average after this year.

Hahaha. Not a coach. What makes you think Venice will be average? When's the last time they were average? I mean RHS has one good year and now Venice is going to be average. They are ranked 41 in the country. They made the playoffs for 11 straight years and RHS made the playoffs twice in 11 years and Venice is going to be average? Come on man you must be hitting that peace pipe

I think Manatee has the defense to be able to stay in the rest of their games. It will come down to whether or not the Canes can run the ball because I don't see them being able to depend on the passing game.

What does Palmetto's defense look like?

Manatee is NOT going to lose to palmetto lol they have booker and fordham is supposed to be back and that defense isnt bad im telling you they swarmed agaisnt an armwood team that put up 35 last night against TBT. Palmetto 0-4 to start season with a 20+ loss to riverview aka The View

Venice just blew out a really good Camden Co. team. Much better team than they faced last year and a bigger point difference than last year. I have a feeling Saturday people will be eating crow. If Hayes went to VHS he would of rushed for 2,000 yards and would of been the #1 recruit in his class

Camden County went 2-8 last year and are not a good team at all. Plant is good and they handle Venice for most of the game but Venice came back to make it close. I think Venice is strong on the dline and oline as usual. Booker wasn't good so I can't say how good Riverview is. Should be a great game though.

Camden County went 2-8 last year and are not a good team at all. Plant is good and they handle Venice for most of the game but Venice came back to make it close. I think Venice is strong on the dline and oline as usual. Booker wasn't good so I can't say how good Riverview is. Should be a great game though.

agreed i like The View high scoring and again Palmetto can beat any team with equal or lesser than for the most part but i dont know what it is they CANT beat Manatee/BR/Venice and this year wont touch Riverview.. Boyce should be able to get into heart of Venice D make them play up our WRs are way better than their DBs we will score points

I figure it will be a tough game. Sounds like after the interview on SNN and the talk is that this is Riverviews Super Bowl. Its good to have a rival. Spices up the game a bit.
In the end week 2 game between these teams do not make or break either season. They are in different classes and both should make the playoffs.
Bragging rights sure, but I'm just looking forward to a good high school football game.

Right now we're only at 1 preseason game and 2qts of regular season football, but this Manatee team is a very poorly coached team on both sides of the ball.

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Never thought i would agree with you more gatorman! The sad thing is, Palmetto is that good either. They will continue it tomorrow morning at 10am.

Sota Coach, you know you're gonna get some blowback, but I hope you're not betting college games today based on these two pics.

HWY 17 Gets + 2 for his short, succinct remark.

All in fun, everybody's got their own insight on High School Game Day

Reactions: Football941
35-7 Palmetto in the 3rd not looking good for Manatee early in the season. I still think they will get it together later in the season.

Best thing that happened for RHS last night was the game was called early. If it wasn't called early I think the clock would of been running by the end of the 3rd.

Reactions: Football941
With guys like Fordham and Booker what happened in the Palmetto game? Is Palmetto that much better or is Manatee just lost early in the season?

agreed i like The View high scoring and again Palmetto can beat any team with equal or lesser than for the most part but i dont know what it is they CANT beat Manatee/BR/Venice and this year wont touch Riverview.. Boyce should be able to get into heart of Venice D make them play up our WRs are way better than their DBs we will score points

In the time that the Venice DB played Riverview attempted 5 pass plays Brantley actually let go of the ball. 1 Completion 1 INT and 3 Incomplete passes.
Boyce ran the ball into a wall. Brantley was the best option for running. The penalties I said would be an issue were for Riverview.

A little late but I believe I predicted Palmetto rolling Manatee they are going to have a tough year and I doubt their coach makes it past year 2.

I said no more than 3 years, but I could see 2 just as easily. I got banned from the Manatee Facebook page for saying what a colossal fail his hire was.........but I guess we'll have to wait this one out to see for sure......It obvious already what a horribly coached as well as ill prepared team Manatee is already.

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT