ADVERTISEMENT

Venice (John Peacock Fired)

You are such a weasel.

You called Larry Shannon's wife's on-field incident a "poor choice" and "bad timing" and now you're using other weasel words like "far from ideal" to cover for this.

You are truly vile.

You are completely incapable of being honest about Venice.
You came back

Just asking a question? Why wont you tell? Its not like it really matters its just me trying to figure out why you are so mad?

Don't leave me hanging. Its like a soap opera I got to know which team Venice did wrong?
Until then ....

Don't try to reason with him, he's like a foaming at the mouth rabid dog right now.

Canes0177 is the long time apologist in hundreds of posts over the last fifteen years defending the many topics like "St Thomas Recruits" or any Public vs Private debate. So, naturally when you give him the chance to come out from under the rock, its going to be vicious - as you can see. He can now use all the things he's had to defend against all his board life. He's the typical condescending old school STA fan, a morph of Oracle.

You had it right, he's here taking off a little of the smart he's still feeling from Venice beating St Thomas and ending their 19-game postseason winning streak. They don't like it that their hand picked teams aren't automatically guaranteed a win after the bus ride over to the west coast

But I blame Venice for giving him a reason to come back over to this board. We had him gone for a few years.

He's the typical condescending old school STA fan, a morph of Oracle.

I like being called condescending because it means that the person making the charge can't attack the substance of what I'm saying. It's incontrovertibly true.

So extremely biased people like Silver King then have to find some other angle to attack.

just me trying to figure out why you are so mad?

Your program was the dirtiest in the state while you sanctimoniously told us about character.

You then incompetently tried to change the subject.

You then lied about having been away from the board for months.

Still unclear?

You had it right, he's here taking off a little of the smart he's still feeling from Venice beating St Thomas and ending their 19-game postseason winning streak. They don't like it that their hand picked teams aren't automatically guaranteed a win after the bus ride over to the west coast.

A guy who must be about 70 years old now still offended by a single off-hand comment nearly 16 years ago. A grown man still emotionally wounded by a mostly true statement made almost two decades ago.

Pitiful.

A 'hand-picked" team will lose a playoff road game every once in a while to the dirtiest program in the state.

You act like this is a herculean effort.

The worst STA team in 15 years with a sophomore linebacker at QB almost beat the dirtiest program in the state in their own stadium.

Silver King pathetically grasps to those straws.

But I blame Venice for giving him a reason to come back over to this board. We had him gone for a few years.

You don't blame Venice for being the dirtiest program in the state run by one of the dirtiest individuals.

Nope.

That would require too much character on your part.

Dirtiest program that got caught? And this from the guy ashamed to say what team he pulls for. By the way, nowhere near 70, but you’re still that 12 year old spoiled narcissistic rich kid aren’t you? I fought getting involved with this, but you’re going after the father of a Venice player like he was a coach or responsible for the program.

I played Venice, so did my three sons. They’ve been a rival of ours since the 1930s, I know more about Venice then you’ll ever hope to know - the good, bad and ugly. I respect their program, not individual incidents, as I respect STAs. Respect and Character (beautiful coming from you) is something you have not clue about.

When Venice has cheated, they’ve been caught and punished. They don’t have a system full of Miami Dolphins, community leaders in Broward County like STA does or influence with the FHSAA (Like that slap on the wrist in the playoff fight).

And as I’ve said repeatedly, I have nothing against STA, played in college with a LB from there, toured the school, met the Everetts and Brian Picollo’s Coach. Its you’re ill manners that irk me.

Hypocrisy knows no bounds with you Canes0177.

There’s nothing I can do if STA or Venice recruits - that’s up to the FHSAA. I just know we’re a clean program and we play the games on the schedule.

You know whenever I’m with a group off knowledgeable high school football fans around the state they talk about the various boards and some of the people on them You get mentioned in a very sad way. But most don;t hold it against the STA.

Try and hurry and get it off your chest - these quad responses are just sad. And try and do just one response, I can just picture you trying to come up with something vitriolic with squinting eyes and something in your hand.

Please stop embarrassing STA.

And this from the guy ashamed to say what team he pulls for.

What are you talking about?

I'm merely not allowing this Venice assclown to change the subject as he's been so desperately trying to do.

It's also completely irrelevant to whether my statements are true.

I fought getting involved with this, but you’re going after the father of a Venice player like he was a coach or responsible for the program.

You west coast flunkies are really good at changing the subject.

What does him being a father of a Venice player have anything to do with, well, anything? This is just another diversionary tactic being deployed by a bunch of west coasters who were so tired of losing that they cheated their ass off and got caught.

You guys really do stick together.

They don’t have a system full of Miami Dolphins, community leaders in Broward County like STA does or influence with the FHSAA (Like that slap on the wrist in the playoff fight).

Now you're just completely making stuff up. This is what I mean.

Venice cheats their ass off twice (2009 being the worst probation I've ever seen) and Silver king hardly says a bad word about them. He "respects" them actually.

STA, though, has never been sanctioned like Venice and has never had a head coach suspended. Yet, they are assumed guilty based on nothing whatsoever and fabrications are made about local leaders who influence the FHSAA on their behalf (of which none actually exist).

Silver King has been a fraud since day one. Pretending to be some kind of fair poster when in reality he's always been a west coast apologist.

And as I’ve said repeatedly, I have nothing against STA, played in college with a LB from there, toured the school, met the Everetts and Brian Picollo’s Coach. Its you’re ill manners that irk me.

This is downright comical.

You have nothing against STA, right after you accused them of having people in place to influence the FHSAA not to punish them.

And you obviously don't respect them enough to spell Piccolo's name right.

There’s nothing I can do if STA or Venice recruits - that’s up to the FHSAA.

So when Venice cheats their ass off, Silver King attacks STA.

Par for the course.

A third party (STA) that has absolutely nothing to do with Venice's sleazy program (and coach) somehow gets mentioned and is, in fact, one of the main subjects of Silver King's rant.

You can't make this stuff up. There's no cure for this kind of obsession.

You know whenever I’m with a group off knowledgeable high school football fans around the state they talk about the various boards and some of the people on them You get mentioned in a very sad way. But most don;t hold it against the STA.

You know when I'm with a group of high school football fans, nobody mentions you because nobody knows who you are and nobody cares.

Please stay away from weapons and sharp items.

Maybe before posting, you should take your meds. Sweet Jasuse, eight (8) freaking responses. Come on now, are you sure you can't think of anything else to say in that string?

Curious, do these psychotic episodes just wave over you like a hurricane? Oh, wait, now I get the name. I just hope we hit 177 soon, and you go away again like the locust.

Please stay away from weapons and sharp items.

Maybe before posting, you should take your meds. Sweet Jasuse, eight (8) freaking responses. Come on now, are you sure you can't think of anything else to say in that string?

Curious, do these psychotic episodes just wave over you like a hurricane? Oh, wait, now I get the name. I just hope we hit 177 soon, and you go away again like the locust.

This is all we can expect from exposed west coast cheaters. Apologies for cheaters and accusations for non-cheaters.

Then a totally inept comeback like this because you have no substance.

EQgli1k.png

More accusations.

So is John Peacock a racist? There seems to be smoke there.

I wonder if any of the west coast fanboys will have the fortitude to actually say something on this topic rather than tap dance and make up accusations against other schools.

I’m guessing Peacock ran that Chief Little Injun twitter too? That thing got deleted the same morning he was fired.

I’m guessing Peacock ran that Chief Little Injun twitter too? That thing got deleted the same morning he was fired.

Yes.

It was alluded to by several people on Twitter and in the comments section of the Bradenton Herald article.

Truly a racist creep.

This is the most action Canes has got since he was captain of his JV team his senior year

What's really sad is that it took you two days to come up with this.

Just another in a long line of west coast jock sniffers who won't say a bad word about Venice.

So is John Peacock a racist? There seems to be smoke there.

I wonder if any of the west coast fanboys will have the fortitude to actually say something on this topic rather than tap dance and make up accusations against other schools.

Without a doubt not a racist.

Reactions: Silver King
I would just like to point out that I am not saying he is racist... I don't know the man to accuse that.. But having a black friend or 2 does not mean you unequivocally cannot be a racist... That is all.

Reactions: DarterBlue2
I would just like to point out that I am not saying he is racist... I don't know the man to accuse that.. But having a black friend or 2 does not mean you unequivocally cannot be a racist... That is all.

Absolutely
Just an example

Never truer words!

Gentlemen, I respect and value your opinions. Again, as you've heard me say before, you're going to have to show me something, outside of mortal combat, that mixes races better than football. Personally I think racists can hide in a lot of professions, but a head football coach is a pretty damn hard place for "a racist" to hide.

Peezy, thanks for clarifying that, I agree, having a couple black friends may not hold weight, but Coach Wilson was a college roommate and a close friend who stood up at his wedding. You think that Wilson would volunteer, or the coach with the black wife looks like a staff that would work for a racist?

When the tag is applied in a situation like this - between two head coaches who hated each other, and did anything they could to get up on the other - it devaluates the term. It also unfairly labels a coach and can effect his livelihood.

Man there's a lot of blatant racism out there that rightfully deserve scorn. This - given the motivations, isn't one of them, its just a form of gaming that got way, way out of hand.

Gentlemen, I respect and value your opinions. Again, as you've heard me say before, you're going to have to show me something, outside of mortal combat, that mixes races better than football. Personally I think racists can hide in a lot of professions, but a head football coach is a pretty damn hard place for "a racist" to hide.

Peezy, thanks for clarifying that, I agree, having a couple black friends may not hold weight, but Coach Wilson was a college roommate and a close friend who stood up at his wedding. You think that Wilson would volunteer, or the coach with the black wife looks like a staff that would work for a racist?

When the tag is applied in a situation like this - between two head coaches who hated each other, and did anything they could to get up on the other - it devaluates the term. It also unfairly labels a coach and can effect his livelihood.

Man there's a lot of blatant racism out there that rightfully deserve scorn. This - given the motivations, isn't one of them, its just a form of gaming that got way, way out of hand.

SK... you misunderstood my point... I was not speaking about Peacock.. I was speaking in general in response to 941. Basically he provided the video of his friends words about him as proof he is not racist... all I'm saying is that in many case that in it of itself does not absolve a person.

To many times you'll hear the phrase "I can't be racist I have 2 black friends" lol. Doesn't matter if you have 100 or zero friends of other ethnicities. That's not what racism is.

Wasn't speaking about Peacock... I don't know him to judge and to me doesn't seem the case. Sounds like he was wrongfully judged but his firing was a multitude of actions with the tweet being the cherry. He made a bad decision that seemed minute at the time which ended up costing him his job

This is weak at best, ignorant at worst.

The coach with the black wife is the one who made racial claims against Roger Harriott. Are you suggesting that it's impossible that she's a racist herself or that her husband is?

I'm always amazed when I see the "black friend" card used. Or better yet the "black person couldn't possibly be racist and/or hate black people themselves" card used.

That's not what his actions and several comments on the Herald-Tribune website suggest.

Suggestions don't equal facts.
My thoughts on this point will never change. Others will disagree. You would have to get to know a person before a judgement can be passed.

Hard to prove or disprove anything these days. Everyone has to come up with their own interpretation of what they see. Again this is just an example.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT