ADVERTISEMENT

Venice (John Peacock Fired)

wow so the BR guy can cheat and lie and he still has a job. The VHS guy likes a tweet and no he is david duke himself.... hmmm something doesnt seem right here. Well The View will beneift

wow so the BR guy can cheat and lie and he still has a job. The VHS guy likes a tweet and no he is david duke himself....

Venice had to forfeit an entire season in 2009 for having players with fake addresses, providing impermissible benefits and contacting players from other schools.

Peacock himself was fined and suspended last year for, again, contacting players from other schools.

So it seems like the VHS guy was twice the cheater that Bradley is.

WHOA!

Venice faithful... Thoughts?

Is he the 1st HC to get fired right after winning a state title? I mean the new seasons hasn't even started.

WHOA!

Venice faithful... Thoughts?

Is he the 1st HC to get fired right after winning a state title? I mean the new seasons hasn't even started.
If not a first, it's gotta be rare. Sanford Seminole's HBC was terminated two years after the state title win in 2008. But at least he had a second year at the helm.

If not a first, it's gotta be rare. Sanford Seminole's HBC was terminated two years after the state title win in 2008. But at least he had a second year at the helm.

Wasn't there a similar issue that led to his firing? Did he end up coaching somewhere else?

I know it happened in ga following the 2013 season
Griffin won the state title and a few months later fired Steve Decoursney.

I think there is more to this than just this one issue with BR and Bradley. I'm sure Venice's administration has told him, one more incident or problem and you are gone! He has been under the watchful eye of the FHSAA for sometime now

This has just become one of the biggest rivalries in the state.

I cant believe this single incident led to his dismissal, but if you consider what has happen previously with Peacock, with regards to his attempts to blur the lines and then with his involvement with what happen to BR this spring whether it be direct or indirect involvement.......there appears to one constant.....Peacock's involvement again whether direct or indirect..........perhaps the administration just decided enough is enough?

Go Canes Go!

I feel like it could not have been just this one thing... It had to be an accumulation.

Wasn't there a similar issue that led to his firing? Did he end up coaching somewhere else?
Yes, he referred to one of his assistant coaches using the "N" word. Since then he has been around. He's been at Bay High in Panama City, Interlachen, in the Jacksonville area (I think). He was supposed to be taking the job at Ocoee in 2015 or 2016, but I don't think he ever did. Funny thing is, he was the Head Coach at Jones High before taking the Seminole job. And, he went to Evans High, albeit before it became 90% black. But at the time he was there, it still had a heavy minority enrollment.

I feel like it could not have been just this one thing... It had to be an accumulation.

The guy put the program on probation twice in 8 years.

Then he had a drunk wife of one of his coaches yell racial accusations at Roger Harriott after a game.

Then all of this happened.

And this is just what we know. Imagine the skeletons in this clowns' closet.

While this will be hot topic for awhile I doubt it will ever be totally known what was the final end to be fired. One complaint did not end it.
I have no regrets on my son being coached by anyone on this staff. Say what you will about his past I feel like he did plenty to help my son into college playing football.
What is done is done.

Manual- I don't see what that phrase has to do with deflection from the facts. Enlighten me oh great one.

Isn't this Venice apologist embarrassing?

Almost as embarrassing as that cheat, creep and phony John Peacock.

The irony in all of this is all of the finger pointing, and false accusations towards Roger Harriott and the St. Thomas Aquinas program over the last few years in forums, newspapers, and even belligerently with racial statements towards Roger Harriott and STA after a game once. All of this nonsense and in the end, the facts and truth come out. The transfers, the racism, they all come to light - but proven guilt is on the ones pointing the fingers... Call it karma or fate but the facts have been exposed.

I just want to know where all of the other SRQ guys stand on this. There are several more SRQ posters and guys like 181pI ...wonder if they will post or comment on this matter.

Unknown. I haven't been on here in months
I know I knew Spring Football was upcoming but didn't see the #$@!storm brewing.

Unknown. I haven't been on here in months

Really? Then why does it say your last posts were on Monday? And then Saturday before that?

Image_1.png

So now you're a liar too.

Racism is far from what this coach or staff promotes. His former players would be the best gauge and I saw a lot of them today denounce that claim.
While the Tweet was far from ideal in any setting I do think the race card was brought out as an Ace in the hand.
Social media--Forums and such have desensitized the words we put in text. Saying something behind the cloak of a keyboard is easy.

We have two incidents, within 18 months of each other, that say otherwise.

See, we have facts and you just have feelings.
No feelings no dog in the fight, just you banging on a keyboard about how you hate Venice and me trying to see whos girlfriend Venice stole?

So you wont tell?

While the Tweet was far from ideal in any setting I do think the race card was brought out as an Ace in the hand.

You are such a weasel.

You called Larry Shannon's wife's on-field incident a "poor choice" and "bad timing" and now you're using other weasel words like "far from ideal" to cover for this.

You are truly vile.

You are completely incapable of being honest about Venice.

Sadly maybe we will never know. Ill check back soon. Don't leave me hanging. Its like a soap opera I got to know which team Venice did wrong?
Until then ....

No feelings no dog in the fight, just you banging on a keyboard about how you hate Venice and me trying to see whos girlfriend Venice stole?

So you wont tell?

I'm saying completely truthful things about Venice and you can't refute them so you resort to this pathetic little game to cover for your rank incompetence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT