ADVERTISEMENT

USF ( Sling and Shoot ) 7 on 7 ( Tampa )

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Heading over in the morning. There are still "pool games" to be played for seeding. Single elimination tournament begins at 12 noon. I only have info on Daytona Beach Mainland at this time. They are 4-0. ( What's new :))
Bucs 33 Naples 6
Bucs 38 Braden River 7
Bucs 48 Bloomingdale 13
Bucs 28 Bradenton Southeast 20..... to be continued

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
Mainland Buccaneers ran off 3 more early wins in pool play ( 7-0 ) and received one of four #1 bracket seeds for this 36 team championship. They also earned the overall #1 tournament seed and were the home team throughout the single elimination playoff. They beat Armwood by a couple scores in the semi's and Spoto by 20pts ( 27-7 ) for the Sling and Shoot Championship. They entered three 7 on 7 tournaments this summer ( UCF-32 team, Ocala-16 team, USF-36 team ) and WON THEM ALL, WITH NO LOSSES AND A 30-0 RECORD !! This "Homer" couldn't be more proud of this team of players and coaches and what they have accomplished. This group of young men are very unselfish. Their personalities mesh very well. In the fall if any of their quality opponents ( Bartrum Trail, Cocoa, Dr Philips ) has an average defensive secondary they will get smoked. Denzel Houston can really throw the ball and we got at least a half dozen guys who can go get it. Mainland has most definitely RELOADED.

It is a crime that DB Mainland is not in 6A north!
Agree 100% , but one of the top teams in the country would still be in the way of a championship...Miami Central. To be the best you got to beat the best. Mainland will make another run at the 6A title now that touch football is over. The Bucs are very young on both the O and D lines. It will be interesting to see how well they mature as the season progresses. Like always...fingers crossed

Yeah I am out of the loop didn't even realize this was the USF 7 on 7 weekend.

Agree 100% , but one of the top teams in the country would still be in the way of a championship...Miami Central. To be the best you got to beat the best. Mainland will make another run at the 6A title now that touch football is over. The Bucs are very young on both the O and D lines. It will be interesting to see how well they mature as the season progresses. Like always...fingers crossed
Who ever comes out of the Carol City and Central game that who y'all got to worry about... Both of those teams are identical...

Dan, 7 on 7 doesn't matter at all and doesn't translate to the field. Mainland will not be good because they won a few 7 on 7s.

Dan, 7 on 7 doesn't matter at all and doesn't translate to the field. Mainland will not be good because they won a few 7 on 7s.
True, and at no time did I say winning EVERY 7 on 7 they entered this summer was more then " touch football. " That being said, the Buccaneers from Daytona Beach have been to the playoffs 22 straight years. 2nd only to Lakeland High in Florida publics (23yrs). I expect that streak to continue, nothing more, nothing less. And I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't spank Dr Phillips ass again like last year over there in Orlando. But then again that's only wishfull thinking. You were successful in " baiting me." I'm easy, like the Dr Phillips "D"

I thought Columbia beat mainland at ucf camp
Tiger, I wasn't there, but did make the Ocala and Tampa tournaments. UCF had two separate weekend events, one touch, one full contact. My understanding is Mainland was undefeated. Hopefully a coach in the know can bring clarity to your question. And good luck to the Tigers. Had a long ago girlfriend move to Live Oak and go to Suwannee High School. Even saw them play their big end of season rival Columbia. Also saw them play in the Florida finals, at Gainesville years ago. And when they beat my Bucs earlier this century at the Disney complex in Orlando.

That was awesome dan! We have to go to Daytona this year, looking forward to it man!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT