ADVERTISEMENT

University Orange City -- the hypocrisy of the 'It's not my fault' generation

Mr HiSchool

Aug 20, 2001
Somewhere -- someone dropped the ball.

Craig Clements is laughing his posterior off right now. Meanwhile, Mandarin is sitting - waiting.. for --- an opponent.

when an offensive lineman has a false start - they back up the entire offense.

Evidently the parents of University School don't understand that concept. A records clerk is supposed to check the registration... and the transcripts... the AD is supposed to verify... the head coach is supposed to designate an assistant to make sure this gets done or do it himself... Sorry Titans - but your run is over.

What about US citizenship forms? Back in 2010 DP and Winter Park were the only schools who had one and it cost one school in the Orlando area the season that year.

FHSAA has two flaws:
1) Biased Review Process - better teams are investigated more because pissed off coaches report them more.
2) They eliminate teams when there are inconsistencies in the system.

The FHSAA may be right here..... CONGRATS DEARING.... WOW.... GREAT JOB BUDDY.... But the FHSAA is far from effective at enforcement on the statewide level.

DP, you're preaching to the choir. MrHiSchool and the FHSAA haven't been on good terms for years. Steve's right on this one though. The father of the center, a senior, hired the attorney. Bad deal for all involved. Finally, another voice from the far left to help us battle these outside agitators :)

Two things:

1) I believe the parent that hired the attorney is also a coach for the football team? He himself has been a head coach and he should know the effects of the rules we play under.

2) FHSAA is what it is but dang to say we didn't know is sad...Volusia County has a coaches handbook and so does each school that covers the head coaches responsibilities. FHSAA does also. It is amazing that the report has to be signed by the Principal of the School or designee but no one knew? How? Very unlikely...

I don't agree with FHSAA anymore than anyone else but I sure would be proud to host their State Championship Trophy again!!!

This can be solved. The problem is the people who could make the perfect tracking system (multiple databases with one master database) work w/ Google, etc.

C2C better be reviewed.

Sorry, I'm not following what happened here. Can some someone fill us in? Who is Craig Clements? And why hasn't MrHiSchool and the FHSAA gotten along (who is "MrHiSchool")?

Thanks.

Craig Clements was the former Athletic Director at Deland. I am not sure that he has any connection to Orange City University, and why Mr. High School bought him up in this thread.

MMagic, your web site join date says 2009. MrHiSchool was the big chief around here a couple years since '09. He was the star of the Friday night's Beef O' Brady's radio score show. You don't remember ? Jacksonville FSU fan, now Hillary Clinton's Duval county campaign manager...... Sorry Steve, I shouldn't have.

Reactions: Fan 74
I remember the screen name Mr HiSchool but didn't realize he owned the website. But Jacksonville FSU / Hillary Clinton definitely doesn't ring a bell. Seems like we have a few different schools called "University" and I'm getting em mixed up. I thought we played a University a year or two ago (with the wrestling belt) and made a big comback after they blew us out in the first quarter.

You ain't been blacklisted by Mr. High, you ain't got no scars, cuz.

Mr. High dint suffer no fools, he'd whip you like that spaghetti in the Tums commercial, especially if he didn't understand the joke.

You got that right Pop. MrHiSchool, took many things the wrong way. Short fuse. I pleaded my case a few times in private to stay on the ship :)

The precedent was set for success with Attorneys years ago: Niceville and immokalee had similar issues, but the penalties cost Immokalee playing for a State title the next year, Niceville got to play in the playoffs that year of the infraction. Guess who had the attorneys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT