ADVERTISEMENT

Union County needs a KO Classic ASAP

Call Armwood. They needed one too. They agreed to a "jamboree" with East Bay and Hillsborough, but ideally I bet they'd like something else.

This game, although a KO Classic and against powerhouse TCJax, may be more competitive than it seems. Some folks may have forgotten or do not know that Union County back before 2010 was in classification 2B (which is 3A today). They routinely played 3A and above class schools and either defeated them or were very competitive. Madison, South Sumter, TCJax, OTC, Wakulla, Eastside, Rutherford, were on their schedule. In the days of RB CJ Spiller and LB Kevin Alexander (both in the NFL) they were a force to be reckoned with. UC defeated us (OTC) in 2007 without Spiller and Alexander. In 2005 they met up with us in the 3rd round of the playoffs. What a game that was. Very close when Spiller scored 3 TDs. He was virtually unstoppable. UC HS is the only HS in Butler County so they have a lot of talent for their football team. The entire county turns out for their games in the Jungle which is their stadium. You can't hear yourself think it's so deafening. Their band also rocks. I think that TCJax remembers back to the memorable bouts with the Tigers and how tough games against them were.

Should be a good game or 1st half anyway depending on the format. TCA JV got run over this past week by Bartram Trail at a scrimmage in the 2nd half. First half was all TCA. Hoping no injuries for both sides this week.

Don't know. It was a referee training deal and they called it a scrimmage game. TCA didn't have a Kick off classic game scheduled.

Don't know. It was a referee training deal and they called it a scrimmage game. TCA didn't have a Kick off classic game scheduled.

OK Fan, l saw a referee training game a few years back. I forgot about those things, thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT