ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble away from school

The_Shortpasser_10

Oct 12, 2015
It seems our opponent has had its best DL arrested for domestic abuse, he's accused of hitting his mother. As a coach I feel you strike a parent you're gone. There's a bigger question though; our school district states that students accused of a felony can't participate. I don't think it's their call. Innocent until proven guilty. I do believe Tyrion Lannister, who coaches our rival and this weeks opponent will find a way to play this kid. Again I stress, this kid would be dismissed immediately if I was coaching. But I don't believe a blanket policy by the district based on an accusation is right.

Reactions: Drummer61
It seems our opponent has had its best DL arrested for domestic abuse, he's accused of hitting his mother. As a coach I feel you strike a parent you're gone. There's a bigger question though; our school district states that students accused of a felony can't participate. I don't think it's their call. Innocent until proven guilty. I do believe Tyrion Lannister, who coaches our rival and this weeks opponent will find a way to play this kid. Again I stress, this kid would be dismissed immediately if I was coaching. But I don't believe a blanket policy by the district based on an accusation is right.
Bad behavior, non compliance, cheating and the like,MUST NOT BE TOLERATED,PERIOD.. Appeasement, tolerating bad behavior and lack of compliance will only embolden those to continue such behavior.. Appeasement = the alligator eats you last. Swift and severe penalties, WITH ADDED DISPATCH, will stop it..

There's a big difference between "accused" and "convicted". You can ruin a player's career by a false accusation.

I can see banishing them after being convicted, no matter what the punishment, but you never get all the details when you only have accusations.

I agree that an accused player should be disciplined by coaches judgement. I also think that if a district policy is in place it should be enforced equally across the board. As a district policy should the player play the FHSAA won't get involved and since Tyrion Lannister is a notorious cry-baby & the new Superintendent is his former boss that if he does play the player nothing will come of it. Granted, they're gonna take an ass-whoopin either way, but I'm interested to see how it plays out.

There's a big difference between "accused" and "convicted". You can ruin a player's career by a false accusation.

I can see banishing them after being convicted, no matter what the punishment, but you never get all the details when you only have accusations.
Great post... Good one..

Sitting them out for being accused? If that's the case, every year before a big rivalry game, I would accuse half the other team of felony crimes.

Accused is one thing if there are no facts associated with it but were the police brought in, was he arrested, has this happened before? If the answer to any of those questions was yes then at a minimum you have to sit him down until this is resolved.

Accused is one thing if there are no facts associated with it but were the police brought in, was he arrested, has this happened before? If the answer to any of those questions was yes then at a minimum you have to sit him down until this is resolved.

Agree....when the police are involved....

An arrest was made, but our judicial system is innocent until proven guilty. The school system isn't the judicial system, but still, until a person is convicted, and unless the school has a reasonable fear for the safety of classmates, the student should not be impacted at school. And even then unless it's a violent crime school shouldn't be involved.

If that's your stance, then how do you draw the line at a violent crime? Isn't he just as innocent until proven guilty then?

My stance on the violence involves the safety of the rest of the students, or the greater good. If the school can make a reasonable claim that a student's presence presents a threat to the safety of other students, with or without an arrest, then that student should be removed from the school. There are tough decisions a school must make. However, a kid gets a drug or alcohol arrest away from school or in this case a domestic violence charge with no history of violence among classmates I think he should be in school playing. However, our district has set the precedence with other students who were charged with a felony being unable to participate in extracurricular activities, while I disagree with this policy I'm anxious to see if there is uniformity in its application.

How can you make a judgement that the student's presence presents a threat to students without a presumption of guilt or innocence?

I'm not trying to be a (insert your own phallic reference). I'm pointing out what a tough decision or choice that has to be made.

When it comes to violence, it is a very very difficult decision that can't be made haphazardly. Given the perceived rash of school violence an administration has to tread carefully. I feel strongly the 99% of the time the school has no business playing judge & jury and convicting or punishing a student for something that happened off school grounds. That being said, if my child was as student at a schools where another student has a history of violence and/or has made threats I would want the violent student kept out of school. Again, this should be a decision not made lightly and done with history in consideration.

A lot of domestic abuse cases end up being thrown out when a family member is the accuser. He probably hit his mother, but there is a good chance charges will be dropped. Mom's just want to teach the kids and she will feel like he learned his lesson after spending the night in the cooler.
In a domestic abuse case the police have to remove the accused even if they are innocent.

My stance on the violence involves the safety of the rest of the students, or the greater good. If the school can make a reasonable claim that a student's presence presents a threat to the safety of other students, with or without an arrest, then that student should be removed from the school. There are tough decisions a school must make. However, a kid gets a drug or alcohol arrest away from school or in this case a domestic violence charge with no history of violence among classmates I think he should be in school playing. However, our district has set the precedence with other students who were charged with a felony being unable to participate in extracurricular activities, while I disagree with this policy I'm anxious to see if there is uniformity in its application.
'' STANCE ON VIOLANCE" ??? Don't tolerate it at all... Parents MUST go to the administrator and DEMAND removal !!! The more people appease, the worse it gets and bullies are emboldened..

If the violence is outside of school and there's no history of trouble in school the student should not be removed from the classroom or extracurricular activities. That goes for any other crime outside of schools as well

If the violence is outside of school and there's no history of trouble in school the student should not be removed from the classroom or extracurricular activities. That goes for any other crime outside of schools as well
A storm may be coming prepare your kids for combat.. Martial Arts is a must for some kids today.. I have studied it for 13 years and find a very calming... as well as being able to get away from trouble.. When confronted or cornered, that's different.

A storm may be coming to school??? Prepare your kids for combat.. Martial Arts is a must for some kids today.. I have studied it for 13 years and it find a very calming... as well as being able to get away from trouble.. When confronted or cornered, that's different. DISCIPLINE...

A storm may be coming to school??? Prepare your kids for combat.. Martial Arts is a must for some kids today.. I have studied it for 13 years and it find a very calming... as well as being able to get away from trouble.. When confronted or cornered, that's different. DISCIPLINE...

You're once, twice, three times a liar. You haven't taken 13 years of MA training.
Best advice for blackpopsicle: Better to leave this individual alone. Even he don't got 13 years of martial arts instrucktion, he can report you to FL Varsity, he also say he have Rivals connecktions in Calif, he could possibly know somebody at Rivals World Headquarters, plus he 30-5 against OOS (out of State) competition and 35-24 against AL (Alabama). Hopefully you got you a plot of acreage wiff a undergroind shelter in a remote section of Northern Montana. If so, suggest you go there immediately an hunker down until all this blow over. Nomsayin?

Only once will I tell you.... 13 years of Okinawa open hand training aka shuto uchi =spear hand defense...
That's twice. Plus the lie that you will only tell me once equals three times a liar.

Every lie you tell takes two more lies to cover up. Repent now, sinner. Get washed in the blood.

Which school is this? Who is the opponent?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT