ADVERTISEMENT

This is for Peezy since Neut said he got rid of his record collection

To SK:

Listen up, man, you likely wastin your time with Youngblood (peezy28). He ain't probbley know nothin about that song. It came out 4 years fore he was born, nomsayin?

Nu'Trelle once drove up to peezy country and caught EWF at Ruth Eckerd Hall. Believe they opened the show with "September" matter of fack. This was maybe 2007. Maurice White, of course, was still alive.

It was a great night to there. Plenty of wimmens on hand dressed-up fine as hell. Not that many mens to go around. Didn't see peezy no where. Was hopin to see him so he could figure out what kind of damn 5'5, 230, Nu'Trelle was. The show was divided into two halves with an intermission between.

On the final song of the first set, the band got everyone on their feet with a sing-along (forget which song). Four ladies of color who looked to be in their mid 40's were on Nu'Trelle's left; a single white lady, 35-40ish on his right. All were freely conversating with Nu'Trelle, probbley cause he was wearin one of his outfit specifically desgn to drive wimmens crazy --- plus he know how to harmonize.

When everyone headed back inside for the final set, Nu'Trelle axed each lady to guess which hit the band would use to close the show. Nobody guessed Nu'Trelle's personal favorite and that's the one they saved for last. Here's a link to a live version from 1979. Maurice White at his finest; guitar solo by Johnny Graham.

Damn good thing peezy never showed up. Don't know about the white woman, but 4 black wimmens woulda slapped the shit out him.

Yeah... You know there were plenty of songs and artist that happened before I was born that I know word for word.... That thing called the radio tends to play oldies but goodies and with parents who are older than both of you, you tend to grow up listening to what they do... I am definitely an EWF fan.

Grocery store music !

Now, it sure is, brother!

"I was cuttin a rug,
Down by the gallon milk jugs,
With a granny named Linda Lou ....

In walked a man,
With coupons in his hand,
Said he was looking for some yogurt too.

He said hey, fat fella with less hair colored yella,
What Cha trying to prove?
Cause that's my caretaker there and I'm a man who cares,
And this a might be all of you."

Now, it sure is, brother!

"I was cuttin a rug,
Down by the gallon milk jugs,
With a granny named Linda Lou ....

In walked a man,
With coupons in his hand,
Said he was looking for some yogurt too.

He said hey, fat fella with less hair colored yella,
What Cha trying to prove?
Cause that's my caretaker there and I'm a man who cares,
And this a might be all of you."

Hot damn some Skynyrd

SK, my dad still owns a record player and has his records. I still have my Michael Jackson off the wall record.

Reactions: MarkECannon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT