ADVERTISEMENT

Think Charlotte may sneak into the playoffs; Beat PC on FG as time ran out

Dan in Daytona, I got reprimanded by Grey Mullet so I’m reading up on how to be or not be tech savvy on these forums. Looking up the word “Morph” now. Please come back and re-read my post as I will probably edit it as I think of cooler things to say.

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
Peezy, stop asking , wish I could help you bro, but obviously I don;t know and every media souce says something different. Call coach, or ask Dickdawg, he at least acts like he knows. he'll obvioussly have time to do it, with all that time trying to think of somthing cool to say.

Dickdawg should be chatting about one of these realvant topics:

1) Friday's Hardee / Desoto game (Oh wait 34-0)
2)The Port Charotte pipeline from Desoto
3) Lemon Bay or Hardees suspendions stats

But with the state of Desoto football, he's just striking out like a little dickiedog with distemper.

Man it didn’t take like long to get your depends in a wad. I thought it might have taken me longer than it did, but I was wrong again as I’m sure you will point out later. By the way what the hell is a dixiedog? I googled it but it forward me to dickie work pants.

Said the teams had handed over film during meetings yesterday to discuss potential findings later.

I talked to a parent of a student from Charlotte and they gave me an indication is was directly after the field goal. Unprovoked unless by words after the immediate sign for a win.
Where you at game by chance?

Yes because what is said on a high school football forum has any bearing on what a program might or might not do, lol.

WTF? Dickdawg I'd like to say we're all impressed at your biting humor, your spot on anaylsys and vast knoweldge on everything from Pop Warner to African mullet species.

But you double clutch worse than an Arcadian on his way to pick up his cousin for date night at Bar 17.

I think you had a lot to say after HWF posted all that stuff late after the game about a brawl based on things he "heard". Now even though he may have been correct about some of it, that's not happening here.

Looks like Charlotte doesn’t get in after all. Although they are a little more deserving than PC....a little. SK your up!! Come on man thank of something to say that make us all laugh, it’s friday for heavens sake!!!

They beat Palmetto they should be in? PC plays a team they will get 35 for wont Charlotte get 40-45? And a lot will depend on how opponents finish Friday

Just going on what the post stated sotacoach. They probably are more deserving.

They beat Palmetto they should be in? PC plays a team they will get 35 for wont Charlotte get 40-45? And a lot will depend on how opponents finish Friday

According to the FHSAA points Palmetto is 5-3. If they end up 5-4 is would give Charlotte 40 points for that win I believe.

D-Dog, you gettung ajump on the weekend at Happy Hour? Its freakin' Wednesday last time I checked.

Not sure we deserve to be in the playoffs, but we at least have beat a team with a winning record, PC has not.

Only way Charlotte will get in is they win and none of the past scheduled teams drop into lower Categories then what they are now and P/C wins with no changes to their schedule teams don't go up in high categories then Charlotte will in with 35.22 vs P/C 35.11.

Wilddog10 ive been wishing those players that head South would start heading North because if their Northern team gained a few of those players I can promise you there would be players wearing some rings from the big dance…Myself and a few others have been saying this for some years now…

Thanks HSFB Guy.

The irony here isn't lost on SK: Some of you will remember this debate started when a 3-7 PC team got in the playoffs in a three-team district (FHSAA concerned with travel after gas prices skyrocketed) and several 8-2 teams sat at home. Now this is supposed to be about opponents and power points, and they have a shot at getting in without beating a team with a winning record.

HWF, hire one of their coaches, that seems to work.

HWF I fully agree with you buddy. Only problem is the rivalry I think has prevented kids from traveling north and going south. All it would take is a couple and the flood gates could open.

HWF I fully agree with you buddy. Only problem is the rivalry I think has prevented kids from traveling north and going south. All it would take is a couple and the flood gates could open.

You know that some years ago they were going to build a huge housing complex that was going to have it’s own high school and it was going to be located between Zolfo and Arcadia within Hardee County… To be honest I don’t know whatever happened to that idea but man I was looking forward to seeing that…It seems everything that is put on the plate that makes sense somehow our County Government does something to screw it up…

The rivalry isn’t as big as it was in the previous years and I think it has to do with who is the current HC in Desoto… Meaning, Hardee had a HC that was born n’ bred in Hardee and so did Desoto… Now that Hardee has a current HC that was born n’ bred here in Hardee and was Coached by Coach Bryan maybe the rivalry can get back to it’s true roots but that will depend if any changes are ever made in Desoto… It’s just isn’t the same like it use to be… It’s different when your HCs are not from either county, I wish I could explain it…

Currently many players from both teams have many kin in both counties so there are cousins playing cousins so them coming north could be an advantage…

Thanks HSFB Guy.

The irony here isn't lost on SK: Some of you will remember this debate started when a 3-7 PC team got in the playoffs in a three-team district (FHSAA concerned with travel after gas prices skyrocketed) and several 8-2 teams sat at home. Now this is supposed to be about opponents and power points, and they have a shot at getting in without beating a team with a winning record.

HWF, hire one of their coaches, that seems to work.

To be honest this current point system is a little different than the previous one they had in 2002, but they say it’s suppose to be better… I’m not sure about that…Who did they copy this current point system from because I’m sure Florida is not the first any only state that is using it as I know other states use the point system but each one is different in way?

I think what killed the building of that school was the Hilltop school. As for the the rivalry I will agree with you it hasn’t been the same and is different when the HC’s are from the same county where they are coaching. But here me loud and clear HWF, a change is coming....

We will have more to talk about on this subject in the coming months mark my word.

Charlotte parked its season, lost to a better Palmetto team 31-17. Lost our starting Q in the 3rd on a late hit out of bounds, hope he's OK, carted off in an ambulance.

Snap shot of the this season for a young team; against the good teams we played, we were in every game the first half, but mistakes prevented a strong finish.

District Runner up is about where I figured we'd be as North Ft Myers finally broke through. We lose only 10 seniors, return all but one on defense, we'll be much better next season.

Silver looks like y'all will just miss out if my calcs are correct which I am sure they are. No worried my boys get to travel to NFM and get blasted in round 1 after backing in

5 38.125 Palmetto Ridge
6 35.66 Barron Collier
7 35.66 Port Charlotte
8 35 Clearwater
34.11 Charlotte

Good luck Peezy, they're good but you guys probably have some team speed too. We dominated them possession wise the first half, but had an INT in the Red Zone and two FGs blocked - one returned. Then we gave up two pouch kicks. We were pretty weak on special teams this year whch factored huge last night.

Last edited:
Yeah we have a lot of team speed but unfortunately this team has a quitters mentality.. They will fold when isht hits the fan. Used to beating up on cupcakes whenever a team challenges them they fold and start fighting each other seriously.

It will be a long trip for a short game IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT