ADVERTISEMENT

They're Baaaaaaaaaack

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
I hope you got ahold of your bookie like I told you too Choc! You should now be able to afford a house on the beach.

So much for that “close” Georgia loss that ND made their season out of, and buffaloed the committee with - they‘re out. And, so much for that Heisman Trophy run, Josh Adams, you’re out.

Hurricanes are Coastal Division Champions, their 14 wins gives them the longest win streak in FBS. And, they did this losing their best running back, Mark Walton early in the season.

Those weeks off because of the hurricane just held their execution up a bit, but they dominated ND tonight in every facet.

Last edited:
No, I'm only relying on the stock market to grow my money. Please tell me when to sell!

It was a great win and it appears that Miami is for real. Not sure I want them ranked too high yet. That seems to kill teams ex. Georgia!

Notre Dame is always overrated! Look at that backup QB the Gators stupidly signed.

Unfortunately, ABC showed the records of all Florida teams and it didn't look good. UF and FSU were at the bottom, below Lane Kiffin at FAU. UGH!

Yeah I saw that, FSU and UF each had the same amount of loses as the other four teams combined loses.

Those recruits of the caliber to be recruited by FSU, UF and Miami, would be crazy not to go to Miami after watching this season unfold. And that's regardless of what happens from now on.

These 'Canes have come a long and unexpected way since the weak season opener against my Bethune-Cookman Wildcats. That defense was flying to the ball and totally dominated the Fighting Irish. It triggered a long almost forgotten memory about the first time I observed the importance of speed over size and brute strength. Still a pre-teen in 1966, I saw a little, speedy, an aggressive Alabama Crimson Tide run circles around a monstrous and very slow Nebraska Cornhuskers on a New Year's night. Can't remember the Bowl name, but I'll never forget the shock of seeing those little guys dominate the big and slow one's.... Speed Kills

#2. How impressive! I was amazed at the speed of the offense. I haven't a team full of runners with that much speed in a long time. Hope they finish out the season well and make the playoffs. Alabama is definitely vulnerable this year.

It triggered a long almost forgotten memory about the first time I observed the importance of speed over size and brute strength. Still a pre-teen in 1966, I saw a little, speedy, an aggressive Alabama Crimson Tide run circles around a monstrous and very slow Nebraska Cornhuskers on a New Year's night. Can't remember the Bowl name, but I'll never forget the shock of seeing those little guys dominate the big and slow one's.... Speed Kills

I remember that game well Danny, I was 11years old, my parents were big Canes fans, and used to go watch George Mira play a few years earlier.

I seem to remember my dad telling me that they were outweighed by 50lbs a man on the D-Line, but he said quickness is what beat Nebraska. Must have been a subconsious implant, I was the smallest Starting tackle in the NAIA at 190 - played against a guy from Bethany that was listed as 285 (One of his teammates told me when my son was playing in that league, he was never under 310, but they were embarrased to post weights like that back then). We ran at him all night.

#2. How impressive! I was amazed at the speed of the offense. I haven't a team full of runners with that much speed in a long time. Hope they finish out the season well and make the playoffs. Alabama is definitely vulnerable this year.

I just couldn't be happier, now as long as they don;t let up the next two weeks.

My youngest said its been so long he's buying tickets and we're going to the ACC Title game.

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
SK if I recall correctly I did say they would be back right after Mark Richt was hired……… I think my exact words were "Mark Richt will have Miami back on top competing for a NC in two years". Look it up!!!

Great to see them back even though I’m a poor Gator Fan

I remember, I loved the hire and was saying the same thing, thought it would start to take hold this year then they'd be ready to make a run next year.

He's got them ahead of schedule, as long as they don't get caught in a trap. It's just amazing what he has done to both change and restore the culture. They play with so much more discipline; now the swagger is on the sidelines with the TO Chain, that was a brilliant move.

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
All's well that end's well, 19 TOs in five games, coming back from down 14 points twice with 30 unanswered points this afternoon.

Miami is famous for playing down to the competition this year. It screwed up my theory that it was due to a late start because of Hurricane season.

But, they overcame that last week. I kind of thought they had figured out what the problem was.

Glad they won!

I remember, I loved the hire and was saying the same thing, thought it would start to take hold this year then they'd be ready to make a run next year.

He's got them ahead of schedule, as long as they don't get caught in a trap. It's just amazing what he has done to both change and restore the culture. They play with so much more discipline; now the swagger is on the sidelines with the TO Chain, that was a brilliant move.

I thought last week to this week was the trap game IMHO and they over came it.

SK that’s what happened when your team doesn’t take your underdog opponent seriously… I’ve seen it too many times here where I live…

Well this will hurt Miami but they can still get in with a win over Clemson I’m guessing…

I guess you were right about the trap…They overlooked Pitt…

What sucks SK is the SEC that you oh so love maybe what keeps UM out of the playoffs. Miami will drop atleast 2 spots further than Bama if not more because of who they lost too (even though Syracuse beat Clemson).

The committee will find a way to out Bama in there and if it's at a conference champs expense then so be it... Aub or UGA WILL get in. Bama WILL get in if Oklahoma and Wisconsin win they are in.

This is all assuming y'all beat Clemson cause if they win they are in and either Big 12 or big 10 champ is out.

It would be interesting to see them leave Bama out but I doubt it

Or Ohio State who I hate . But I see more clearly than SEC haters; Bama has the pedegree, I could live with that.

Clemson and Miami both lost to shitty 4 win teams. If Clemson were to lose, why not consider them with the same reasoning of those other 2-loss teams because their the reigning Natl Champ?

I am thrilled with Miami, unlike most of those teams because of the hurricane season, they haven't had a bye week to catch their breath and get healthy - they've played ten straight and they took a game off. The Q particularly, over threw four TD passes, it happens.

I was fairly sure they'd loose one of these last two with absoultley nothing to play for. May be a blessing (How did Clemson do the when Pitt beat them when they were #2?)

I said Miami was a 1-2 loss team this year a month or so a go, look it up. Next year baby they will be hell on wheels, particularly if they can find a punter who can kick more than 13 yards under pressure...

Heads up for SK. If worrying about Ohio state is creating humongous problems for you, relax. Wisconsin is clearly the class of the Big Ten. They will handle Ohio State next week and life will be good again for you.

I'd raher see OSU gt in if Miami did, so the Canes could play them. But Pitt got in the way of that. OSU is as lucky as ND getting looks.

Remember before this syatem when an 11-0 Auburn missed it and some 1 oss team got to play for the NC?

Let Nu'Trelle see if he got this straight, SK. You hates OSU, yet you want them to win this weekend? Life on Saturdays must be very complicated in front of your TV set.

Personally, as an OSU alum, Nu'Trelle would prefer that the school just say "we've had enough" and drop the football program. The OSU Marching Band could fill our stadium 11-12 Saturdays each fall without even staging football games and no one would have to watch the school shell out $6.5 million a year for Urban Meyers to talk kids who - for the most part, have no interest in earning a college degree - into attending our University.

The only problem? Where would that leave people like you and Choctaw_fan?

BTW no animosity involved here. Nu'Trelle's offer still stands to meet you in Columbus for a guided tour of the James Cancer Center on OSU's campus. Would love to see you walk into rooms and explain to various patients how much you hate Ohio State.

Lets not try and make this a Mother Teresa post, its football Neut.

SK hate the Buckeye football team. But maybe we can still go on your tour and you could introduce SK to the Sweater; you remember, the guy who always was honest and did things right. The shinning example held up by the NCAA . Then lets see if we can find Maurice Clarett and see what he up to.

... maybe we can still go on your tour and you could introduce SK to the Sweater; ... the guy who always was honest and did things right... Then lets see if we can find Maurice Clarett and see what he up to.
Bro, no offense intended, but we have a major misunderstanding. You need to go back and re-read my post. Please pay PARTICULAR attention to the part where Nu'Trelle said, "... Nu'Trelle would prefer that (Ohio State) just say 'we've had enough' and drop the football program."

Questions? Comments? Was the statement clear enough?

Great Academic University and they're better than USC and Michigan. Harbaugh, after all the hype, is just another Michigan Coach.

UCF needs to bring back Former Tarpon great (in our Hall of Fame), Darin Hinshaw who lit up the record book for the Knights. He was a QB Coach at Tennessee, and is Co-OC at Kentucky, hell Tennessee ought to give him a shot too. Here's a Bio from 2015:
"— Hinshaw ended his career at UCF as the best to ever play Quarterback. Before Blake Bortles had his girlfriend “worth a thousand Googles” and a Fiesta Bowl victory for the Knights, Hinshaw was the best QB in UCF school history. He threw for 9,000 yards and 82 touchdowns in his career, leading UCF to the I-AA playoffs in 1993.

He was a Cleveland Brown…for four days. Unfortunately, it was not during Tim Couch’s time like I had hoped, it was actually during a worse time in the ugly history of the Cleveland Browns. Hinshaw participated in a 4-day minicamp before the ’95 season – the Browns’ last before moving to Baltimore – before being released by the organization. He would play in Canada and the AFL for a few years before taking his talents to the sideline as a coach.

All of the places he’s coached: UCF, Middle Tennessee, Georgia Southern, Memphis, Tennessee and Cincinnati. This will be his fourth job serving as a co-offensive coordinator, if you count “passing game coordinator,” his title for the last three years at UC. He’s primarily coached quarterbacks, with a few years coaching wide receivers as well.

He’s pretty smart. Hinshaw received his undergraduate degree in only three years and completed his MBA in one year after his AFL days were done. Some might not think it’s a big deal, but after spending nearly six years in undergrad, I can appreciate his scholastic savvy."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT