ADVERTISEMENT

The Juice is Loose!

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Anybody catching the OJ mini-series; or thought the timing of that knife showing up was as foul as The Hammer's votes; or hear about the 5-part 30 for 30 ESPN will be doing onOJ and the trial?

You younger guys; the brother could tote the rock.

SK has to admit he's enjoying it, bad acting and all. Cuba Gooding Jr. playing "I'm not black, I'm OJ" the juice. Mark Fuhrman's character listening to German music while he admires some Nazi medals on his shelf. Johnny Cochran whispering to Chris Darden, "Make the white guys do Fuhrman."

SK remembers the Bronco chase rather well. He was out guiding in Boca Grande Pass that afternoon and a buddy on a 54' Bertram had the TV on in the flybridge and gave the rest of us a blow by blow - now having a dozen Boca Grande Tarpon guides doing running commentary on VHF Channel 18 was a little slice of life - I wish I had a tape of that day. I remember him saying, "They're showing people on the overpasses waving at him and holding signs, one said 'The Juice is loose.'

Reactions: peezy28
When the cops was chasin the Juice were about the same time Nu'Trelle decide it was finally time to get him a gun for personal protection jus in case someone came after him wiff a knife. He went to a guy here in the trailer park who always had extras and bought a medium one. The dude called it a 9. Next Nu'Trelle went over to K-Mart to get him some bullets. The best deal was on twenty-two's. Nu'Trelle then went back home and put some bullets down the barrel so he could practice. Not only did the thing not shoot, if you didn't keep the damn barrel tilted up, the bullets would drop out the gun an roll aroun on the floor. Baseball bat turned out to be lots mo dependable, nomsayin?

I remember all the coverage of the trial but not all the details. Seeing them all now, I have no idea how he was not convicted. You have to blame this one on the LAPD. Over-confidence on the part of the prosecution played a part, also.

Also, I have no idea how Marcia Clark is still alive. If the mini-series is correct, she was a heavy chain smoker.

Choc, I think it was Whoopie Goldberg, right after the verdict, who said something like, "OJ could have been holding the bloody knife and those two sisters on the jury weren't going to convict him."

This was a pendulum reaction to a horrendous run of events by bad cops at LAPD. The NYPD had similar issues, but nowhere near as high profile with the public as OJ Simpson. Plus, LAPD forensics looked like the Keystone Cops - they (excuse the pun) butchered the collection of evidence, chain of custody ( knife turning up 20 years later) and testimony. And all those clowns from the corner to Fuhrman started showing up as expert commentators ever since on investigative shows.

I had several cops in my family. I am truly ashamed that any police force could be so inept. Today they carry tasers but chose to shoot first and ask questions later. A policeman here in Collier County was just arrested for DWI and it was found that he had prior DWI issues. No one is above the law!

Now I chose to stay away from all police as much as possible.

Ain't jus the police who drink and drive and don't know when to stop. One day Silver King came thru Nu'Trelle window several time, put away six 46 ounce Frostie, then come thru again to get another one "for the road". We had to cut the boy off for his own good. One mo and it woulda took the jaws of life to cut his *** out the truck. Nomsayin?

I found something you both would like. I went to a preseason baseball game at the Twins stadium and they sell a beer shake. When will Wendy's offer that?

I went to a preseason baseball game at the Twins stadium and they sell a beer shake.
Choctaw_ fan: They also sells them at the minor league games. If you ever on Jeopardy and the clue "BEER SHAKE", comes up, here's the answer:
"What's the quickest way in the world to f - - - up a cold beer and two scoops of ice cream?"

I've been to Wendy's before and they don't sell Frosties that big, otherwise, I would have bought one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT