ADVERTISEMENT

The Celtics Chances in the Playoffs

ProSetEye

Oct 24, 2011
Ocala
Jessica, the smart football gal, how do you realistically see The Celtic's chances against their first round opponent Lakeland Christian, and if they get by them, then probably their 2nd round opponent Tampa Catholic? Lakeland Christian comes to Ocala. But, am not sure where the 2nd round is played this year. Would it be played in Tampa or in Ocala? OTC played a bunch of very tough games. out of district, against not only higher classification teams but against teams that are, for the most part, playoff teams. OTC has been slowly improving, week in and week out, and I'm wondering if this two week break will get them competitive for teams like Lakeland Christian and Tampa Catholic. It will certainly give extra time for our substitute QB, Chris Doty, to get a little more experience leading the team. From what I have seen Doty seems to be as good or a little better in managing the ground game than Ryan Miller was. He's also much more maneuverable and faster than Miller. However, he has not had a lot of passing opportunities although he's done OK with what he's tried. I just don't feel that Lakeland Christian and Tampa Catholic are on the same level as TCJax and CCC. That is why I do have some hope that OTC can compete with them. :cool:

Proseteye,

From a pure regional perspective- I think Regions 2 and 4 are open. The favorite in region 2 is most likely Tampa Catholic simply based on star power and regular season performance. Lakeland Christian has a lot of speed, the RB BJ Sirmons is very good! I also like the QB Deshazor. They're also very good on defense. I saw them on TV vs Berkeley Prep and live vs MCC.

Both teams have lost their starting QB's for the season. LCS will be favored in the game based on being a 9-1 team. OTC maybe 3-7, but the schedule was brutal. The game will come down to slowing LCS down, they don't have the flat out speed and amount of athletes as JaxTCA, CCC or Oxbridge but they're a fun team to watch. I don't think OTC can get in a shootout in this one, it needs to remain a low scoring affair for OTC to win.

If you do win, OTC would host the winner of Tampa Catholic/Trinity Prep in round 2.

Proseteye,

From a pure regional perspective- I think Regions 2 and 4 are open. The favorite in region 2 is most likely Tampa Catholic simply based on star power and regular season performance. Lakeland Christian has a lot of speed, the RB BJ Sirmons is very good! I also like the QB Deshazor. They're also very good on defense. I saw them on TV vs Berkeley Prep and live vs MCC.

Both teams have lost their starting QB's for the season. LCS will be favored in the game based on being a 9-1 team. OTC maybe 3-7, but the schedule was brutal. The game will come down to slowing LCS down, they don't have the flat out speed and amount of athletes as JaxTCA, CCC or Oxbridge but they're a fun team to watch. I don't think OTC can get in a shootout in this one, it needs to remain a low scoring affair for OTC to win.

If you do win, OTC would host the winner of Tampa Catholic/Trinity Prep in round 2.

Thanks for the assessment. Now, at least I feel a little bit better knowing that you think OTC has a fighting chance against Lakeland Christian.

I do feel if the Celtic's defense rises to the occasion, slows down or stops Sirmons and puts pressure on Deshazor, then they have a chance. Against most 3A teams OTC is able to move the ball on offense, at least on the ground with Cameron , Rivers, and the Freshman Corey King. So, you are correct. This game has to be a defensive lower scoring one. I also believe, from looking at stats and videos, that Wilkerson was a better all around QB than Deshazor. He definitely seemed like he was a better passer. Hopefully that factor will work in the Celtic's favor. OTC has two pretty good receivers in Genovese and Shofield. If Sturdivent allows Doty to pass, especially on the option or rollout, he can hit those receivers. He is just not a very good proset or pocket passer yet.

Hopefully, in front of a huge crowd at Celtic stadium, and with playoff motivation, the Celtics will get the job done. Stranger things have happened.

You're usually correct on your predictions, Peez. Not this time. My Celtics finally came alive tonight and put it to Lakeland Christian 38-24. Now, can they do a repeat against Tampa Catholic? TC has to come to Ocala next Friday.

Better than I thought, I admit I was wrong on that one. Based on your current record and how good LCS looked didn't think y'all had a shot.

TC has a lot of highly rated players that don't always play like highly rated players.

Reactions: FMMG
I think they now believe in themselves. This team has been a long time in coming together and they may just be peaking at the right time. That tough out of district schedule is paying off in spades.

Reactions: peezy28
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT