ADVERTISEMENT

TCU comeback: a great clip to show kids

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
What a comeback by TCU last night - down 31-0 at half I started watching Twilight Zone reruns. Clicked on the replay this morning and couldn't believe it. Herm nailed it. Boykins missed one of the most memorable games in TCU history and watched his back-up be the hero.

By the way, nice uniforms Oregon, not much of a finish, but nice uniforms.

I DVRed all those Twilight Zone episodes this week, too! And I think it's great that boneheaded QB had to watch Bram Kohlhousen lead TCU that way. And it was his first college start, as well.

Reactions: Silver King
I read a great story online about the game and him. Here it is
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...k-to-beat-no-15-oregon-47-41-in-3ot/78223232/

Here's some excerpts:
"After it was over, Kohlhausen talked stadium security into letting his mother join the celebration on the field. The person not there was his father, Bill, who died Nov. 7 of cancer."
and
"Kohlhausen started his career at Houston, left for junior college and walked on at TCU (11-2). He had never started a major college game until his final one and did his best to mimic Boykin, especially in the second half with tough runs and pinpoint passing as TCU stormed back. He twice came back from hard hits that forced him out of the game."

Hope someone in the NFL gives him a look. He definitely has the personality to sit as a backup QB awaiting his turn and never complaining!

Reactions: Silver King
Mom, those brought back some memories.

Great article Choc, thanks for sharing. He supported his boy as I probably would have when I was in college - you develop intense relationships with your teammates.

But, what pisses me off is; it was reported the kid was in for bed check, then snuck out with another teammate and that's when the fight occured.

If you sneak out, you probably should try and avoid doing anything else stupid, like get in a fight. And you're entering bars where people didn't slow down to fake a bed check and have been steady drinking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT