ADVERTISEMENT

Shoot for the Ring!!!

EN-fonzie-for-president-button-busy-beaver-button-museum.png

Cruz called a Basketball Hoop "the basketball ring" lol - What a Jerk.He just lost Indiana

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cruz-hoosiers-basketball-ring-024556907.html
Just as strange as that was when I was watching this story on Fox, they had no idea what Cruz was talking about when he almost directly quoted the Gene Hackman line from Hoosiers about the hoop (ring) being the same height there as it is in New York. He was in standing even the gym where that movie was filmed.
But yeah, if you're going to talk basketball in Indiana, you ought to at least know the basic terminology.

More amazingly, he got it right the first time, referring to it as the basketball "rim", Botched it the second time around.

Check out this video of "Hoosiers" then and now. Pretty neat!

Side note, my mom was a cheerleader in the real gym where they filmed that movie. In the movie it's called Hickory, but the real name is Knightstown. Also, I had many family members that were extras in the stands for the filming of the movie.

Obviously, Cruz is desperate at this time, colluding with Kasich and going for the hail mary (keep it football relevant) with naming a VP running mate without being anywhere close to securing the nomination. He's a dirty lawyer type that we have far too many of already in Washington DC.

Reactions: 4A 8 FAN
John Boehner called Cruz "Lucifer" this morning. That is like Hitler calling out Bin Laden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT