ADVERTISEMENT

Rule Change Needed for College Football

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
Watching these bowl games, it seems sad that teams have to play under an interim coach because their head coach has already taken another position. An announcer today was saying that these teams seldom win. That's a shame because they played hard to get to the bowl.

Because of this, I think the NCAA should enact a rule that teams cannot fire nor can coaches leave before the end of the season. The season would include any bowl games they are scheduled to play. To make it easier, they could just say these changes could not be made until after the NCAA Championship game.

Do you agree?

Watching these bowl games, it seems sad that teams have to play under an interim coach because their head coach has already taken another position. An announcer today was saying that these teams seldom win. That's a shame because they played hard to get to the bowl.

Because of this, I think the NCAA should enact a rule that teams cannot fire nor can coaches leave before the end of the season. The season would include any bowl games they are scheduled to play. To make it easier, they could just say these changes could not be made until after the NCAA Championship game.

Do you agree?

Good idea but it will never happen

NCAA will only make rules limiting players, never coaches or executives

I think the ACC is the conference on the rise. It will definitely give the SEC a run for their money!

nice name change
LSU just lost to Notre Dame who was crushed by Miami

Texas A&M hasn't proven anything this year

Miss state lost to ole Miss

I'm still waiting for anything that proves those teams are good lol

Make Sure you watch the game January 8th. Let me know how the ACC does

Make Sure you watch the game January 8th. Let me know how the ACC does

How does GA and bama being good make teams like LSU good?

How does it make Miss State good?

How does it make Tennessee good?

How does it make ole Miss good?

How does it make Texas A&M good?

How does it make UF good?

Explain that

Look truth of the matter is Bama and UGA playing for a title means that a team from the SEC conference will win a title... It says nothing about how good the other teams are... UGA winning does not validate UF's 4-7 season or somehow make it seem like they are better than 4-7. It also would not save a coaches job. Clemson winning last year only meant Clemson was the best team out there it did nothing for FSU or Miami.

Sure the best team in the nation has come from the SEC a lot over the last decade but that does not mean it makes every other team in the conference better than they are.

All it says is that the SEC produces National Champions. And, any other debate beyond that is soley for others to have something to yack about and try and feel better about their teams conferences - you know, human nature. Nomsayin'

Let Capt Obvious try your approach Peezy: Just because the SEC will be 5-6 after an SEC team is again crowned NC, and the ACC 4-6, that doesn't give FSU Miami or Clemson any elevation for the year they had. And after I saw Clemson thump Miami, I thought they would back to back it, but they had even less offense against Bama than Miami had against them.

The Big 10 is 7-1, Harbaugh chocked or it would be 8-0. What that says isn't much; not a single team played well enough during the process to make the playoffs.

Now here's something that says it all: Pac 12 is 1-7

All it says is that the SEC produces National Champions. And, any other debate beyond that is soley for others to have something to yack about and try and feel better about their teams conferences - you know, human nature. Nomsayin'

Let Capt Obvious try your approach Peezy: Just because the SEC will be 5-6 after an SEC team is again crowned NC, and the ACC 4-6, that doesn't give FSU Miami or Clemson any elevation for the year they had. And after I saw Clemson thump Miami, I thought they would back to back it, but they had even less offense against Bama than Miami had against them.

The Big 10 is 7-1, Harbaugh chocked or it would be 8-0. What that says isn't much; not a single team played well enough during the process to make the playoffs.

Now here's something that says it all: Pac 12 is 1-7

I pose this question for you

What does bama and Georgia being good have anything to do with whether teams like LSU, Mississippi State, texas a&m or Florida are good?

Reactions: peezy28
No conference
I pose this question for you

What does bama and Georgia being good have anything to do with whether teams like LSU, Mississippi State, texas a&m or Florida are good?

MSU and LSU are some where between 4th-6th best team in the SEC this year, Texas A&M some where between 7-9 and Florida was one of the worst. Name a conference that has a good team in it after #2 or 3. All conferences have crappy teams in it after the top. The SEC has dominated the National title the last 12 years. That's a fact. I don't give a f... if the SEC is the best conference or not its all debatable. What I do know is the best two teams this year are in the SEC and the best team 9 out of 12 years has been from the SEC. Anything else is irrelevant.

No conference

MSU and LSU are some where between 4th-6th best team in the SEC this year, Texas A&M some where between 7-9 and Florida was one of the worst. Name a conference that has a good team in it after #2 or 3. All conferences have crappy teams in it after the top. The SEC has dominated the National title the last 12 years. That's a fact. I don't give a f... if the SEC is the best conference or not its all debatable. What I do know is the best two teams this year are in the SEC and the best team 9 out of 12 years has been from the SEC. Anything else is irrelevant.

Yes ik the teams drop off after the top but 5-10 years ago the sec had depth, they don't have depth anymore

The only good argument I can give about the power of the SEC is that they have already produced 4 different champions since 2003 and, if Georgia wins, that will be 5. What other conference can say that?Yes, the entire conference is not full of powerhouses in any one year. But, the conference overall has been very dominant in college football.

The only good argument I can give about the power of the SEC is that they have already produced 4 different champions since 2003 and, if Georgia wins, that will be 5. What other conference can say that?Yes, the entire conference is not full of powerhouses in any one year. But, the conference overall has been very dominant in college football.

I get that the problem is 2 of those teams aren't even remotely close to as good as they were during those championship years (LSU, UF)

the other 2 (or potentially 3 come monday) are the only ones even close to elite

So basically half the conference has done nothing so why are people acting like the entire conference is good when in reality it's only a few teams

ADVERTISEMENT