ADVERTISEMENT

Robert E Lee High School (Jax)

George Koehn

Sep 15, 2017
I attended RE Lee as a sophomore, when my family was stationed at NAS Jax. Lordy, that seems like a lifetime ago, before we moved to central Florida. At any rate, that RE Lee football team has really got it going on - beat LC Columbia badly last night and it should have been worse.

I was in the backyard. It could've been way worse....Lee had 18 penalties....3 tds called back....2 dropped int's...and a whole bunch of missed tackles

Man the Columbia faithful must be all drunk out in the cow pastures after that.

My favorite part of any game when there are fan faithful is listening to all the bleacher coaches.
"Come'on Coach, you need to blitz, you need to run, you need to pass, You need to tackle." As if the coaches want the other team to run up and down the field and the coaches are doing nothing to stop the other team or to try and score. I think almost every somewhat successful program with loyal fans has these people. They are the worst.

Reactions: peezy28
They had no chance at stopping Derrick Jones. Plant barely contained him.

Lee is one of the most dangerous teams in the state... I see a powerhouse building there. They played one hell of a game against Plant last year (I caught it on TV a few weeks ago).

My favorite part of any game when there are fan faithful is listening to all the bleacher coaches.
"Come'on Coach, you need to blitz, you need to run, you need to pass, You need to tackle." As if the coaches want the other team to run up and down the field and the coaches are doing nothing to stop the other team or to try and score. I think almost every somewhat successful program with loyal fans has these people. They are the worst.
I resemble that remark #oldknowitall

TU Football Power Poll: Lee solidifies top spot; BK moves in
Sep 21, 2017 3:46 PM
TIMES-UNION POWER POLL
All games Friday at 7 p.m. unless indicated.
Rank, (Previous), Team, Record, Classification

1. (1) Lee, (4-0), Class 7A
Last game:
d. Columbia, 48-24, Tuesday.
Friday’s game: Off.
Glance: A major obstacle overcome last Tuesday night with a thorough beating of what looks like the No. 2 team in District 2-7A in Columbia. The Generals aren’t slowing down and hit their fourth week at the No. 1 spot in the Power Poll.

2. (2) Bartram Trail, (2-1), Class 7A
Last game:
Off (vs. Oakleaf, postponed to Oct. 6).
Friday’s game: at St. Augustine (2-0).
Glance: The Bears have played the area’s most challenging schedule to date and done very well. History is more the issue in Week 5 with a visit to the Yellow Jackets, a program that they’ve never beaten in 18 tries.

3. (3) Trinity Christian, (3-1), Class 5A
Last week:
d. Bolles, 40-28.
Friday’s game: vs. Palm Beach Lakes (1-1), 7:30 p.m.
Glance: The Conquerors grew up in the second half of last week’s win over Bolles, their first regular season win over the Bulldogs in a series that had been dormant since 2000. If the Conquerors can run the ball like they did last week the rest of the season, then the five-peat talk can get a bit louder.

4. (4) St. Augustine (2-0), Class 6A
Last week:
Off (game at Flagler Palm Coast canceled).
Friday’s game: vs. Bartram Trail (2-1)
Glance: The Yellow Jackets have the uneasiness of back-to-back off weeks due to Hurricane Irma and face a brutal draw this week in the rampaging Bears. Then again, they’ve been the underdog in this game before against long odds, and yet, have never lost.

5. (5) University Christian (4-0), Class 2A
Last week:
Off (at Coffee, Ga., canceled).
Friday’s game: at Superior Collegiate (2-1), 6 p.m.
Glance: UC is humming right along without so much as a hiccup, and probably won’t have one for quite a bit of time. Maybe that comes in Week 11 against Clay, or maybe it doesn’t come at all.

6. (7) Fleming Island (4-0), Class 7A
Last game:
d. Gainesville Buchholz, 27-0, Monday.
Friday’s game: at Ridgeview (4-0)
Glance: The Golden Eagles have punished teams with a brutal defense that may be the area’s best. They’ve allowed just 18 points all season and just hammered the reigning District 3-7A champion Bobcats.

7. (8) Raines (2-1), Class 4A
Last week:
Off.
Friday’s game: vs. Mandarin (2-2).
Glance: A scheduled off week in Week 4 allowed Raines to escape the chaos of trying to reschedule due to Hurricane Irma. A good challenge on Friday against a Mustangs team coming off of a big Tuesday night win over DeLand.

8. (6) Bolles, (2-1), Class 5A
Last week:
lost at Trinity Christian, 40-28.
Friday’s game: vs. Melbourne Holy Trinity Episcopal (0-2), 7:30 p.m.
Glance: The Bulldogs lost their heavily anticipated showdown at Trinity last week, but they showed a very capable passing attack, as well as an ability to move the ball between the tackles against a stacked defense.

9. (8) Ponte Vedra (3-0), Class 5A
Last game:
d. Westside, 31-7, Monday.
Friday’s game: at Menendez (1-3).
Glance: A short week between a Monday district outing and a county clash at the Falcons. The Sharks should be positioned well and quite a bit more experienced before they hit the crux of their District 4-5A schedule, as well as a game against St. Augtustine on Oct. 6.

10. (NR) Bishop Kenny (3-0), Class 5A
Last week:
Off (game against Parker postponed).
Friday’s game: vs. Parker (0-3).
Glance: Kenny has been a very nice surprise thus far, riding a stellar defense to a Week 1 shutout over Fletcher, and a Week 3 two-point conversion stop to beat Nease. They should cruise in their District 4-5A opener against Parker.

Dropped out: Columbia, 3-1, Class 7A (lost to Lee, 48-24).

On the bubble: Baker County (3-1, Class 5A); Columbia (3-1, Class 7A); Fletcher (3-1, Class 7A); Fort White (3-1, Class 3A).

Did Columbia at least make it out of "hell week" with a 1-1 record?

You mean when we went into Madison banged up and piled up more injuries

Hell no, but i doubt there are many teams who could win 2 games in a row like that

Luckily the potential wild cards in our region have not played very well so we could make playoffs just by winning out our district which gets us to 6 wins and all 3 of those teams are not as strong as the 2 games we just played in span of 4 days but we will be fine, we started 1-3 last year then swept regular season and even won a road playoff game

Columbia never gives up

HJfk58T.gif

No, I mean I am not with Lee. I went to Lee for a little bit (military brat), but that was years ago - around the time of the fire.

How far off can it be for a school with that handle in this day and age...
Don't hold your breath SK. You're talking about red city Jacksonville, red county Duval, and redneck NE Florida. If anyplace in the state is southern Georgia it's there. Dixie is alive and well. Damn near every pickup is still proudly displaying the southern "heritage" flag.

Don't hold your breath SK. You're talking about red city Jacksonville, red county Duval, and redneck NE Florida. If anyplace in the state is southern Georgia it's there. Dixie is alive and well. Damn near every pickup is still proudly displaying the southern "heritage" flag.
Goodness, Dan, you don’t know much about that particular area of Jacksonville. And, even so, Forrest was renamed years ago.

I don’t follow you.

Call it a mistimed attempt at humor.

Not sure if you noticed, but there was a flood of controversy over all things Confederate (statues) for a few weeks.

That came right after all things Russian, and a little before all things National Anthem and All things Monster, Killer Storm related.

But, the American Public's attention span (just as the political and business marketers intended) is like that of a fiddler crab, so I miss-timed it.

Good think I don't write for Jimmy Kimmel or Seth Myers, nomsayin'

Reactions: DarterBlue2
Great win for Lake City-Columbia tonight!
here it is...settle down. Reminds of the time my neighbor David, whose dad owned a filling station when we were in high school, got mad because no one in Mt. Dora had moon pies one weekend and the townsfolk went ballistic. Turns out, his dad's place got moonpies first thing Monday morning and David was offended the Ledger didn't run a piece on their station having the only moonpies in town!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT