ADVERTISEMENT

Riverview 35 Vero Beach 28 - Final

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Vero turns the ball over 4 times in the 1st half, and Boyce runs for about 130 yards in the 1st half too. Riverview after going down 7-0 to start the game, comes storming back to take a 28-7 halftime lead.

Vero comes back in the second half and ties it at 28 all, by blocking a 41 yard Riverview FG attempt and then running it in for a TD to tie this one up 28-28 late in the 4th QT. Riverview gets the ball with about 3 minutes left and Boyce take it in from 7 yards out with 17.7 seconds left in the game.

Final

Riverview 35
Vero Beach 28

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Vero turns the ball over 4 times in the 1st half, and Boyce runs for about 130 yards in the 1st half too. Riverview after going down 7-0 to start the game, comes storming back to take a 28-7 halftime lead.

Vero comes back in the second half and ties it at 28 all, by blocking a 41 yard Riverview FG attempt and then running it in for a TD to tie this one up 28-28 late in the 4th QT. Riverview gets the ball with about 3 minutes left and Boyce take it in from 7 yards out with 17.7 seconds left in the game.

Final

Riverview 35
Vero Beach 28

Go Canes Go!
Great win by Riverview! 8A is relatively weak. They have a chance to go far and get Dr. Phillips at home next week.

Reactions: peezy28
8A is very watered down this year. This Dr. Phillips team is nothing like the team next year even though the game will be competitive, Riverview should pull this one out.

Is this DP team as good as last years?
Offensively they are about the same. Defensively, I think last year's DP team was a bit better. Riverview is obviously improved. I think this game is a 50/50 one and should go to the team that makes fewer mistakes.

Playing at home may give Riverview a very slight edge, even though DP is used to traveling in the playoffs

Riverview's offense and defense is better in my opinion. Offensively, Riverview has had a slew of transfers which have made a difference. They got the QB from Booker and his younger brother. Two brothers from Lakewood Ranch, and a transfer from Sarasota. All of the transfers are starters.

I heard they just built a million dollar weight room and locker room.......sounds like the place to be.

I think he's talking about the new strength and conditioning coach that came from Venice this year. Coach Cristiani. I think Coach Anderson retired last year.

Reactions: Football941
Mark is a great coach. He will help that program in ways you might not see from the outside but will be evident once next season starts. If the players will buy into what he has to offer it will be tough to beat Riverview for many years.

So Riverview has kids Transfering there from other schools, Coaches Switching to work and coach there, and they just built a million dollar locker and weight room ......This new Coach Smith must be the real deal

On the transfers. I think the QB Brantley started at Riverview went to Booker and back to Riverview, I could be wrong. Lakewood Ranch is horrible so I'm sure those kids wanted out.
As far as the coach, it was an opportunity he could not pass up once the position became available. It was what was best for his family.

I think winning game is the best recruiting tool. Riverview is getting a lot of the good upcoming youth football players and transfers, and Venice gets the best players from North Port and surrounding areas. Same situation for both teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT