ADVERTISEMENT

Refs at the cocoa game

Refs were a mess...
The miked ref sounded like he had never reffed a game before. Cocoa found those guys behind 7-11 or something...

That was one interesting game for all the fans in the stands. Cocoa has broken a new record on Booing a Ref for the non Pass Interference call on TCA... lol.

Cocoa 26, TCA 23 in OT. Things just got real for Cocoa, now they will play Bishop Gorman Friday Night in Vegas who is ranked #1.

Maxpreps moved TCA down to 22 and Cocoa up from 154 to 19. That was fast.

What happened in the game that made you think that the officiating was so subpar?

Did u watch the game? Were u there? They sucked on both sides of the ball unless I seen things that we didn't

No Tigertats16, I didn't watch the game, and I wasn't there. That is why I am asking the question. Could be a little more specific than "they sucked on both sides of the ball"?

Reactions: peezy28
I ment that cocoa wasn't supposed to win the game and they did everything they could to try and take the win from cocoa lots of flags on both sides but % of cocoa flags were bull and several that really should have been called against the other team wasn't the game wasn't even close cocoa owned them

Single most pivotal play of the game came on a "non-call". With TC down 20-12, 4 star TC WR D.J. Matthews ran a deep route down the left sideline with single coverage. He wasn't open until he clearly shoved the Cocoa CB aside and made the catch inside Cocoa's 5 yard line. ESPN 's camera work was spot on. There could be no question that an offensive interference infraction was missed.

TC touchdown occurred 2 plays later, followed by a game-tying 2 point conversion.

As for the rest of the game, both teams committed way too many infractions. Flags flew all day long. Most were probably warranted. Fatigue probably was a key factor in sloppy play. Skies were sunny. Heat index on the field was reportedly 106 degrees. Older guy who was the Referee had to be replaced at halftime.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT