ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Pinellas Park slot receiver Amari Caro

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?

“I have been finding out my team’s weaknesses, and not putting them down, but picking them up, showing my teammates football is a big mental game.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?

“One of my biggest improvements is all around awareness on both sides of the ball. Awareness is very important, knowing where I am on the field and who is around me, as well as what my teammate’s jobs are on the field.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?

“The team looks the best that I’ve seen yet. We still have lots of potential, however we have many more strong suits than last year on both sides of the ball. This year’s team is a lot more patient than the last 2 years as well.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?

“The toughest team that we will face this year is most likely going to be Manatee. They are a solid team, and have many strong areas of their environment.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?

“I believe Walt at Boca Ciega High School might be the biggest threat that we have this year. My knowledge of individual players on all other teams is not very high, but Walt stands out as a high-level threat.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?

“My main sport is Football, and I’d love to carry on my career in football. However, If the School has a track or wrestling team then I’d love to participate in these sports as well. Wrestling is a great sport for mentality, and track really helps my speed.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?

“The most recent school I’ve talked to was Rocky mountain, however I am a very slept on player. I started on both sides of the ball and was the varsity 2023-2024 MVP. Not many schools come to recruit me though.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?

“The school recruiting me the hardest might be either UT Martin or Rocky Mountain.”

Have you made any college trips yet?

“The only college trips I have made were an unofficial visit to UF, and a camp at Webber University.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?

“I plan to do more camps, however I do not have any official college visits planned.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?

“One camp I am doing for sure is the Grind To Shine mega camp at Webber University, and either the USF or FSU prospect camp. And I am also attending a 5-day wrestling camp called Florida Pride Camp also at Webber University.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?

“For football, I always loved Crimson Tide. It was always a dream college and always my favorite. However, North Carolina has caught my attention for football, as well as Penn State for wrestling.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News