ADVERTISEMENT

Player in Tenn runs into ref... Was it on purpose???, i say yes

Slick, if you want us to watch something, then include a link. That's how we do it here. That's your newest assignment. Get on it.

Link dude I'm too lazy right now to google something. I just concluded an epic wikipedia binge.

DP, glad to know there's another Wikipedia fan. I love it almost as much as Google Maps!

BTW, these hits on the refs need to stop. If not, the game of football will be ruined forever. If they want to be that violent, go to MMA.

DP, glad to know there's another Wikipedia fan. I love it almost as much as Google Maps!

BTW, these hits on the refs need to stop. If not, the game of football will be ruined forever. If they want to be that violent, go to MMA.
Not really, if those thugs are punished with dispatch and severity, a clear message will be sent.. Those thugs are cowards for hitting unsuspecting refs and should be thrown off their teams and prosecuted to the absolute fullest extent of the law.. If prompted to do so by coaches,then cancel their season and fire the coaches........ A clear and powerful message must be sent ASAP to all offenders..........

Looked premeditated by way of repositioning himself before the snap. However, he may of just been trying to cut it close and the ref stepped back at the wrong time... The ref didn't move at all so it was premeditated and the player needs some kind of punishment.

Last edited:
Looked premeditated by way of repositioning himself before the snap. However, he may of just been trying to cut it close and the ref stepped back at the wrong time.
Astute as well as a correct observation.. No however!!!!! I have observed many incidents as well as excuses by defense lawyers.

If I may comment on this incident, in the Big Lead story its states that the player informed the official that he was in the player's way. The official responded that he is part of the field, which is true, and asked the player how long that he has been playing football. In my experience, this was NOT the proper response for the official to make, most good umpires will make in effort to move out of the player's way as the positioning of the umpire is flexible and not set in stone. I am not defending what the player did obviously, but I found the official's response to the player to be questionable to say the least is the story is correct.

Looks on purpose as it appears he lined the ref up (even can see his shadow lined up with ref) BUT the play was going that way... The player could have been trying to get to the play or knew the play was going that way etc.... Not clear cut but looks bad... IF those other 2 ophs wouldn't have done what they did this one might have been swept.

If I may comment on this incident, in the Big Lead story its states that the player informed the official that he was in the player's way. The official responded that he is part of the field, which is true, and asked the player how long that he has been playing football. In my experience, this was NOT the proper response for the official to make, most good umpires will make in effort to move out of the player's way as the positioning of the umpire is flexible and not set in stone. I am not defending what the player did obviously, but I found the official's response to the player to be questionable to say the least is the story is correct.
I agree with Jambone. Buy Lotto tickets!

So give the school's football program the infamous "death penalty?" That would definitely send a serious message. If may be the best option!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT