ADVERTISEMENT

Play you don't see much in high school, last night.

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
After a rain delay, the wind picked up and was gusty: NE to 18 knots. Tarpons are punting to Gulf Cove from our 35 or so (south end of field). From my vantage point, the ball either went straight up or got partially blocked. There's a scrum around the ball that hasn't passed the line of scrimmage. Out comes one of our skills with the ball, breaks a few tackles, and returns it.

We must have had 150 yards of offense driving the field the first two drives with no points, and it was 6-0 Gulf Coast before their O was on the field and had a single yard. They blocked a FG and ran it back. Tarps won 27-6.

The Tarpons came out in black jerseys—a first. I'm kind of a last-century guy, so I'm not going to comment on how I feel about that on here.

After a rain delay, the wind picked up and was gusty: NE to 18 knots. Tarpons are punting to Gulf Cove from our 35 or so (south end of field). From my vantage point, the ball either went straight up or got partially blocked. There's a scrum around the ball that hasn't passed the line of scrimmage. Out comes one of our skills with the ball, breaks a few tackles, and returns it.

We must have had 150 yards of offense driving the field the first two drives with no points, and it was 6-0 Gulf Coast before their O was on the field and had a single yard. They blocked a FG and ran it back. Tarps won 27-6.

The Tarpons came out in black jerseys—a first. I'm kind of a last-century guy, so I'm not going to comment on how I feel about that on here.
SK, good to hear from you. You probably saw it earlier this year when Charlotte put out that an exciting announcement was going to be made soon. A little later the announcement was those black uniforms. Your opinion of them sounds similar to mine.

Reactions: Silver King
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT