ADVERTISEMENT

Palmetto -at- TAMPA BAY TECH

BD1982

Jul 19, 2010
Can the district's 3rd team go knock off another champ on the road?? Thoughts????? I think the win Friday showed this district benefits from this format- congrats to all in that district as they all advanced and as many as 2 can stand into the 3rd round...

I have seen since last year the guys in Tampa area talk about Michael Penix the QB. He is committed to TN I believe. He will need to be contained by Palmetto defense.
On the road is tough but Palmetto has been on the road for a few weeks now anyways.

TBT too explosive. PHS cannot and will not score enough to keep up with that high octane offense! The road ends here

That's some funny Chit right there!

Palmetto's gona be alright in this game.

Go Canes Go!

Venice will be the only Sarasota, Manatee County team standing after Friday night.

TWC why do you say that? You dont think The View can pull through? You are on board with a Palmetto L? explain

I have seen since last year the guys in Tampa area talk about Michael Penix the QB. He is committed to TN I believe. He will need to be contained by Palmetto defense.
On the road is tough but Palmetto has been on the road for a few weeks now anyways.

He is good.. really good IMO but Tech has been known to choke at times and lose to teams they should not... This will be a good game IMO.

I think Palmetto looks better on paper than in person but I really don't know what type of competition that Tampa Bay Tech has faced. Palmetto has faced Braden River and Venice which are 2 quality programs. Tampa Tech was steamrolled by Armwood. I think this game can go either way.

He is good.. really good IMO but Tech has been known to choke at times and lose to teams they should not... This will be a good game IMO.
Last year TBT was upset by East Lake if I recall. East Lake came to Venice for Regional Finals.

I think Palmetto looks better on paper than in person but I really don't know what type of competition that Tampa Bay Tech has faced. Palmetto has faced Braden River and Venice which are 2 quality programs. Tampa Tech was steamrolled by Armwood. I think this game can go either way.

Not really, it was 14-12 game vs armwood with 6 min left in the 4th quarter.Then snead took over. Plus it was the 1st game of the season played on a wednesday after being rescheduled twice. Palmetto will need to score 50 to win.

I haven't seen Palmetto this year so I can't say other than I know Tech has played down to comp in the playoffs in prior years... I think y'all should win but I also thought they should have blown out East Lake last year.

I'm not sold on TTT. I think they lost to Riverview, Venice, and Braden River also if they played them. This game will be closer than expected.

Other than Armwood who else has Tech played ? I'm don't know much about them.
Palmetto played Riverview to a 11-10 loss. They were leading the game until late, not sure what happened there.
Looks like they had 2 bad games vs BR and Venice. BR was wihout Gagg the QB in that game and BR won by 7 points. The Venice game was sort of uneventful. To be honest I don't remember much about it other than Venice won and started pulling the starters out in the 3rd QT.
Last week they played until the end and scored on the last play to move on.

Other than Armwood who else has Tech played ? I'm don't know much about them.
Palmetto played Riverview to a 11-10 loss. They were leading the game until late, not sure what happened there.
Looks like they had 2 bad games vs BR and Venice. BR was wihout Gagg the QB in that game and BR won by 7 points. The Venice game was sort of uneventful. To be honest I don't remember much about it other than Venice won and started pulling the starters out in the 3rd QT.
Last week they played until the end and scored on the last play to move on.

I was at the Riverview game and as a View supporter (esp of some of the kids more so than anything) Palmetto deserved to win. They had 3 or 4 40+ plays called back due to holding penalties. The game was a flag fest on both ends with our DT being thrown out. But if i recall correctly Palmetto had 200+ yards in penalties big plays called back and put the ball on the ground 3 times (as both teams turned it over). They looked like the more dominant team but View stuck with it and held off late. What that has to with Tampa Bay Tech I'm not sure. Paper in Bradenton picked TBT by 14 and pinkos picked Tech by 20 so there is some consistency that believes they are quite a bit better

Tech has played some good teams. They are not on the level of Armwood though but I think they are good.

I read somewhere that was a 2pt ball game late before Wood ran away with it late. Too much FIRE POWER by TBT and the D can play when it needs to.

Tampa Bay Tech 44
Palmetto 21

My prediction: TTT 28 Palmetto 21. I think the game will be close and possibly tied at halftime. I could be totally wrong but like I mentioned, I am not sold on TTT at all.

For all accounts Palmetto cant win. Local papers and predictions have TTT winning.
The most dangerous opponent is one who has nothing to lose.
I will say Palmetto needs to score first and try to stay ahead.

Neither team has anything to lose though... its win or go home.

I'm sure TTT is looking forward a bit to that Regional Champ game. Everyone has Palmetto pegged to lose. Staff at TTT needs them to focus in. Palmetto is using that to fuel the fire. Not sure who wins but comments on social media do play a part in todays game. Its different now with instance access.

Palmetto's turned the ball over 3 times the 1st half and only forced one punt. That one punt Palmetto muffed and turned the ball over to Tech, setting up an easy score for Tech. Palmetto's making it way too easy for Tech thus far.

28-3 Tech @ half

Go Canes Go!

42-26 in the 4th QT........all those turn overs in the 1st half looming large right now

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT