ADVERTISEMENT

Oxbridge Academy Football 2017

We play Oxbridge Academy on 10/20. How good do you think they will be, BrowardHc? WAVE OUT!

We play Oxbridge Academy on 10/20. How good do you think they will be, BrowardHc? WAVE OUT!

Assuming the current Thunderwolves roster is still intact, I see them down from last year but still a possible top 5 team in PB County. I don't know what Fort Myers will bring for 2017 but if they are on par with last year, I think it is a very interesting matchup in Fort Myers on 10/20.
Although I think Oxbridge bit off more then they could chew in the regular season last year and injuries and depth seemed to catch up to them in November, I think 3A Oxbridge has gained a lot of respect from many for stepping up to the plate by playing powers throughout the state lately.
You have PB County teams like Dwyer who have not played a single team in Broward or Dade in the approximate 20+ year history of the team's program!

I don't know if Fort Myers is travelling to Oxbridge in 2018 but it is a great place to watch a game.

So the week has arrived.....Fort Myers seems to look like about par for the course and appear to be perhaps another mid-(to later) round playoff team. The Green Wave are taking care of business with a 4-1 record. Fort Myers only loss this year has been to a very good North Fort Myers team.

Oxbridge Academy is coming off of their last two games with thumpings of Glades Central and @ Centennial by a combined 69-0.

Thunderwolves are probably the best Defense Fort Myers will see this year. Fort Myers is hosting a long road trip for Oxbridge Academy and should be a much better test then Glades Central and Centennial over the last two weeks. Although not as strong on paper this year, Oxbridge played their cards a little different, and lightened up the schedule a bit. Health may have been a factor Oxbridge did not real Orlando last year.

To me this Oxbridge team is not far off of last year's team as maturity, big game experience (from last year), and perhaps a sense being hungrier have made up for the more talented roster or 2016

Does Fort Myers at Home have a shot to keep this interesting versus Oxbridge Adcademy?

To me Fort Myers may be good enough to put a 17ish spot up on Oxbridge Academy but I don't think they will be able to hold Oxbridge under probably at least 4 TDs.

Last edited:
No offense taken, peezy28. FM is a young team that had the entire season screwed up by weather. Had two cancellations and a bye week before the close game last week. That game would usually be a running clock. I'm expecting Oxbridge by 38 or so. Just don't mess with our girls basketball or softball teams lol. Wave Out!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT