ADVERTISEMENT

OT: SK, Is The Ship You Sail Included Here?

No, we're American flagged, most of those appear to be Sail Training ships from other countries. You'll get some replica vessels and so called American sail training vessels which is a loophole so they don't have to have USCG Certificate to carry passengers.

Victory Chimes carries a current USCG Certification to carry 49 passengers and ten crew.

This old girl works for a living, one of the longest running, pure working boats in American maritime history. 117 years under sail, doing what she was designed to do, by God: make money for her owners - not a red cent from the government or a foundation.

No go ahead, it would be cool for you to see them from an historical perspective.

But if you ever want to truly experience one, come for a cruise on Victory Chimes. Most of the Tall Ships have engines and in tight parade they aren't doing many sail changes or tacking.

Speaking of engines, those Tall Ship enthusiasts can thank Adolf Hitler, as four of the worlds most famous tall ships, including our USCG Barque Eagle, were made by the Bloom and Voss shipyard and outfitted with the same engine that WWII German U-Boats would use. As a sail training ship, Germany got around the restrictions of the Versailles Treaty about arming and training a military force. Their junior officers trained on those ships in the 1930s then went to U-Boats during the war.

Interesting! Gotta love Hitler. Did you know there are no statues of him anywhere in Germany yet the US has many statues of Confederate soldiers. Why?

Oh no, we're not going to start that debate on here while a thread is running about Robert E. Lee high school are we?

Just a fun fact I heard. I really don't care about Confederate statues. I'm not praying under them nor do I believe in any of their principles. I do wear a lot of cotton grown in the south and I love catfish. And, I love living here!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT