ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pro Team Stadiums

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
Please help me understand something. Why do cities continue to build stadiums right on river fronts?

The breezes that naturally flow off the water are very detrimental to the play. There are stadiums in San Francisco, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville and there are ones proposed in Oakland, and several other cities. Why would they consider using this prime real estate when it's not going to help their team succeed?

Furthermore, there is the opportunity to build small buildings near the waterfront and larger ones behind them and all enjoy the view. Is that too logical?

Now they are building a new undomed stadium on the Mississippi river for the St Louis Rams. It will replace the domed stadium just 2 blocks away. Have you ever sat outside in December in the Midwest? It's cold, especially when you are up high! Now drop the temp 20 degrees due to the wind chill off the water. This is all part of a plan to keep the Rams from going back to LA! Seriously? I guess it won't matter because they will make big bucks for those enclosed boxes the wealthy will buy. Screw the other fans!

Most ridiculous of all, they want to put an undomed football stadium on the waterfront in Buffalo! Is it not cold enough at the current location? How much additional snow will need to be removed just so a game can be played? And, per the following article, they are going to claim "eminent domain" to get the needed property. http://www.trendingbuffalo.com/spor...nce-reveals-likely-downtown-stadium-location/. What a load of #$%#!

Growing up as one of seven in my family, we had little money. For entertainment, we would drive down to the St Louis Arch and riverfront and watch the paddle boats and barges go up and down the river. I got the same feeling sitting on the riverfront in New Orleans. I also used to drive down to Old Town Alexandria VA on a warm Sunday afternoon to enjoy the Potomac. Watching the sailboats was so calming! Stop building stadiums that are bad for the fans and the sport and let people enjoy the riverfront!

The money wins every time, the NFL owners have the money to outbid any residential or commercial land buyer in the market. Regardless of oceans, rivers, lakes, ponds, streams, cricks or puddles proximate to the land.

The money wins every time, the NFL owners have the money to outbid any residential or commercial land buyer in the market. Regardless of oceans, rivers, lakes, ponds, streams, cricks or puddles proximate to the land.
Getback... "cricks" ... you from Pittsburgh ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT